Are there more righteous women than men?

16 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

In the face to face with Jeffrey Holland he said more women join the church, stay active, attend the temple, and less women are resigning. Also a book called Life Everlasting said only men rebelled with Lucifer and became SONS of Perdition, not children of perditon. So do you agree that there are more righteous women than men?

yes

23 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

In the face to face with Jeffrey Holland he said more women join the church, stay active, attend the temple, and less women are resigning. Also a book called Life Everlasting said only men rebelled with Lucifer and became SONS of Perdition, not children of perditon. So do you agree that there are more righteous women than men?

I wouldnt be surprised if such were so. No idea if thats the actual case or not tho.

22 hours ago, tesuji said:

OK, I just read it. Wow, very interesting.

Assuming this text is authentic, you still can't call this authoritative, as far as establishing doctrine. If it had been read out loud in general conference then I would believe it. Until then, I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt.

So it doesn't help this discussion, in my opinion.

I wouldn't believe it even if it was read at general conference

what does something being said at general conference have to do with doctrine?

13 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

I wouldn't believe it even if it was read at general conference

what does something being said at general conference have to do with doctrine?

The talks in general conference are pretty official statements, and they go through a vetting process, I'm pretty sure. I know all the talks are prepared beforehand.

I would be very surprised to see this vision quoted in conference though :D

Edited by tesuji

45 minutes ago, tesuji said:

The talks in general conference are pretty official statements, and they go through a vetting process, I'm pretty sure. I know all the talks are prepared beforehand.

I would be very surprised to see this vision quoted in conference though :D

Of course they are vetted they have a team of lawyers pouring over every talk. 

They are not official statements.

Edited by omegaseamaster75

In regards to more righteous women than men in the church , let's look at symbolism . The Lord uses the Bride to the Groom to describe His relationship to the Church. Starting in Revelations 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. This establishes He is the 1 and the female bride is the 7.  Follow up of that is Genesis 7:2-3 of every clean beast thou shalt take to those by sevens the male and his female:  The beast that are not clean by two,the male and his female. So again we see the Male  and His 7 female 7to 1 verse 3: fowls of the air by sevens the male and the female.  Next example Exodus 2:15-16  Moses fled from pharaoh to the land of Midian he sits down by a well . Water is significant in symbolism the Savior is the fountain of all righteousness , if you want to reaffirm interpretations read symbolism by Mcconkie and Millet. Verse 16  The Priest of Midian had seven daughters  : and  they came and drew water, again 7to1 the Priest represents the Savior and the 7 bride female. Now again turn to Isiah or let's look at 2 Nephi 14:1 And in that day, seven women shall take hold of one man ...so the long version I'd say look to the scriptures there is much there the Lord to his 7  He is the one the 7  His perfect church, but on another level the question is symbolized by the 7 perfect female.  So I would say yes there will be more women. 

Edited by Older/Wiser?
Mistype