Older/Wiser? One doesn't mean the other

Older/Wiser?

Hi I'm new to this forum. I hope to discuss current topics with like minded people who love the Lord and have a firm testimony of His atonement. My conversion started in my early 30's . In one year I ran over our 5 yr old daughter, 6 months later our son died choking on a toy, though this was a very painful year I had many spiritual experiences an choose to let the Lord teach me. I was richly rewarded with a testimony that so far has been unfailing. Looking back at my experiences, I have been through things that make that year easy to bare and with gratitude continue down the conversion path. I love the scriptures and combined with temple teachings love symbolism. Because of certain experiences I question philosophies of those who proclaim scientific evidence or "proof" of things. I am older, but the jury is still out on the wiser.  We live rural , have Belgian horses, annoying chickens and yes prepare for the coming of our Lord.

15 hours ago, Older/Wiser? said:

Hi I'm new to this forum. I hope to discuss current topics with like minded people who love the Lord and have a firm testimony of His atonement. My conversion started in my early 30's . In one year I ran over our 5 yr old daughter, 6 months later our son died choking on a toy, though this was a very painful year I had many spiritual experiences an choose to let the Lord teach me. I was richly rewarded with a testimony that so far has been unfailing. Looking back at my experiences, I have been through things that make that year easy to bare and with gratitude continue down the conversion path. I love the scriptures and combined with temple teachings love symbolism. Because of certain experiences I question philosophies of those who proclaim scientific evidence or "proof" of things. I am older, but the jury is still out on the wiser.  We live rural , have Belgian horses, annoying chickens and yes prepare for the coming of our Lord.

We are very pleased to have you with us! Welcome. So sorry to hear of these tragedies. Those of the greatest faith are sorely tested. We honor you.

@Older/Wiser? Welcome to the forum, we are happy to have you hear. Thanks for sharing your testimony. We all decide our reactions when life gets hard, the glass is either half full or half empty. Glad to see your trials have made you stronger and "wiser". Again, welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2016 at 0:55 PM, Older/Wiser? said:

Greetings and welcome!

Welcome, Older/Wiser!  I feel terrible for what you have gone through.  Then I feel humbled by how strong your faith in God is.  I look forward to learning more about you.

3 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Hi and welcome!  My wife and daughters are chicken people, and they drag me along kicking and screaming.  We just hatched a bunch this year. 

ChickAdorable2b.jpg

SILKIES!!!  I have a friend who raises them and wins ribbons and such.

Thank you for your kind welcome.  We have 22 osterlope chickens , need to build a bigger coop. We also have a Covered wagon our horses pull. My business is antiques and I buy and sell a lot of things , I could tell you stories on what people throw away that make you laugh and cry. I've seen a lot and know the value of putting oil in your lamp before you need it, in times of tragedy that is all you have to draw from , let today be the day you fill your lamp , for tomorrow which is upon us is to late. 

19 hours ago, Older/Wiser? said:

Thank you for your kind welcome.  We have 22 osterlope chickens , need to build a bigger coop. We also have a Covered wagon our horses pull. My business is antiques and I buy and sell a lot of things , I could tell you stories on what people throw away that make you laugh and cry. I've seen a lot and know the value of putting oil in your lamp before you need it, in times of tragedy that is all you have to draw from , let today be the day you fill your lamp , for tomorrow which is upon us is to late. 

Good advice!