What's on your bucket list?

pam

3 hours ago, SilentOne said:

9. Take a multi-day trip on Amtrak

Ohhhhh I should have added that to my list. That's another thing I've always wanted to do.

2 hours ago, Godless said:

Visit: San Diego, Denver, Brussels, Munich, the Caribbean 

I'd be happy to be a tour guide anytime for San Diego.  

11 hours ago, pam said:

Not speaking of any of the spiritual things, what is on your bucket list?

2.  Skydiving

Pam, I'm happy to help you with your goals. I'll gladly push you out of the plane :)

11 hours ago, zil said:

Great, now I'm demoted to "whatever"!

Zil, I can make you a better offer Forget the gator, he doesn't care for you enough. And who wants an old swamp gator anyway?

9 hours ago, MormonGator said:

@Carborendum1. Try to be wonderful as his idol and hero,  Gator. 

I achieved this one when I was 5,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or maybe 4. It took about two minutes. :)

6 hours ago, SilentOne said:

3. Make a perfect pie crust

SilentOne we need to get together. One of the things on my list is to eat a perfect pie crust. 

Guest Godless
6 hours ago, pam said:

I'd be happy to be a tour guide anytime for San Diego.  

That's very sweet of you, but I doubt you'd want to accompany me to many of the places I want to go. ?

11 hours ago, zil said:

Dude, keep up, those are 5 different buckets!  It wouldn't be a bucket list if it was all one bucket - that would be a bucket attribute array.

This is where I go "DOH_OH!!"

11 hours ago, zil said:

Dude, keep up, those are 5 different buckets!  It wouldn't be a bucket list if it was all one bucket - that would be a bucket attribute array.

This forum is full of Nerds and Geeks (including myself) but I got to say that is one of the Geeky-ist things I have heard here in a while...    Well done.

17 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

This forum is full of Nerds and Geeks (including myself) but I got to say that is one of the Geeky-ist things I have heard here in a while...    Well done.

@zil  You'd better take this one. That's probably the closest you'll see estradling75 "liking" a post. :P

6 hours ago, askandanswer said:

Zil, I can make you a better offer Forget the gator, he doesn't care for you enough. And who wants an old swamp gator anyway?

Oooo, I've never had men fight over me before.  I may swoon, or something.

13 minutes ago, pam said:

@zil  You'd better take this one. That's probably the closest you'll see estradling75 "liking" a post. :P

I gladly accept @estradling75's gracious acknowledgement of my geekness.

Guest MormonGator
6 hours ago, askandanswer said:

I achieved this one when I was 5,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or maybe 4. It took about two minutes. :)

LOL! Thats awesome. LOL!!!  

19 hours ago, MormonGator said:

5. Attempt to finish and understand Finnegan's Wake by Joyce.  

I don't think even Joyce "understood" Finnegan's Wake... ;) 

Stream-of-consciousness writings are like interpreting dreams... different people find different things.  Who's to say who's right?  Also, perhaps not everything we write or dream has a "meaning" in any strict sense... it just sort of IS.... pure raw/random thought...

Edited by theSQUIDSTER

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, theSQUIDSTER said:

I don't think even Joyce "understood" Finnegan's Wake... ;) 

Stream-of-consciousness writings are like interpreting dreams... different people find different things.  Who's to say who's right?  Also, perhaps not everything we write or dream has a "meaning" in any strict sense... it just sort IS.... pure raw/random thought...

My senior year of college all my fellow English majors and I had a joke: You met someone who says they understood/finished Finnegan's Wake and you've met a liar. 

16 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Learn German well enough to say ambulance and butterfly so harshly that it sounds like I'm cussing.

Ach Du Lieber Eiserner Schmetterling, Batman!

(Try and say THAT without sounding like you're coughing up a hairball...)

My family has done multiday Amtrak trips.  I absolutely loved it!  One up the Mississippi from New Orleans to Memphis.    One from Albuquerque to Los Angeles (Disneyland).  The best is the sleeper cars, although it does make it cost about as much as a plane ticket or more.  But yeah - playing cards in the observation lounge, staring out the window listening to my train-themed playlist, the people-watching, being a part of that train life, even for a few short days and nights - I will definitely do it again some day.  They even have showers now.  They tell me some of the trains have wireless - sold!

I also went to Europe on a music-themed trip with college music people.  It was wonderful, but if I do something like that again, I want to ditch the itinerary and big expenses and just wander and maybe get to know people.  

My bucket list has some items at least dependent on other people.
- Be a part of my grandchildren's lives (daughters have to grow up and get married first).
- Live the RV/Travel Trailer life for a period of time.
- Be financially independent in retirement.
- Cosplay at one of them convention thingies that are getting more and more popular
- Be present and equal to any deadly threats that face me or my loved ones (although I'd much prefer avoiding them in the first place - that's the main goal)
- Succeed at marriage
- Meet a group of people I've only ever met online (like maybe even from LDS.net someday)
- Retain the comfort and blessings that come from my testimony
- Contribute meaningfully to lives of folks I don't know that well. 

Completed items:
- Be equal to the needs of a medical emergency
- Visit Europe
- Get married and have children
- Aid missionaries

21 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Completed items:
- Be equal to the needs of a medical emergency
- Visit Europe
- Get married and have children
- Aid missionaries

One wonders if these are ever "completed"; even parenting — grandchildren are still a significant "job", and then the "greats".

Lehi

28 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

One wonders if these are ever "completed"; even parenting — grandchildren are still a significant "job", and then the "greats".

Lehi

As my children get older, and prepare start leaving in about 5 years, I thank Heaven for that.

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

Perhaps you could add delivering a banana custard pie to Australia to the top of your bucket list. You could combine it with your goal of skydiving. 

And want to start my own business. So we could have something here.