Are You a Courteous Visiting Teacher?

Visiting teaching is a fantastic program to help sisters create bonds with other sisters and help each other out. Unfortunately there are times when we sabotage our visits before we even get to the lesson. Eliza R. Snow said “You want to be filled with the Spirit of God, of wisdom, of humility, of love, […]

View the full article

On August 20, 2016 at 9:30 AM, ldsnet said:

Visiting teaching is a fantastic program to help sisters create bonds with other sisters and help each other out. Unfortunately there are times when we sabotage our visits before we even get to the lesson. Eliza R. Snow said “You want to be filled with the Spirit of God, of wisdom, of humility, of love, […]

View the full article

I like this article. Also why leave vt until the last day of the month! I don't get it. I start the first week of the month.

3 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

I like this article. Also why leave vt until the last day of the month! I don't get it. I start the first week of the month.

This reminds me of the old joke.

Man 1: I'm so faithful that I do my home teaching on the first day of every month!

Man 2: I'm so faithful that I do it the day before you do!

7 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Man 1: I'm so faithful that I do my home teaching on the first day of every month!

Once before I joined the church and before I understood the customs, I met a woman who told me that that she was on her way to visit teach, I said oh I did not realize it was the last day of the month. She recoiled as if I had slapped her. Actually, it was the last day of the month! I thought that there was a custom that all visit teaching was always done on the last day of the month! 

10 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I hope you recall my limerick:

A faithful home teacher named White
Could travel much faster than light.
He set one 1 May
In a relative way,
And did April's Home Teaching that night.

Lehi