The 17 Best Family Movies on Netflix

It’s hard to find family movies that are appropriate for children, and won’t send you looking for a way to escape from the room as soon as possible. Fortunately, Netflix delivers. Here are seventeen family movies to watch on Netflix. 1. The Little Prince This Netflix original instantly became the definitive adaptation of its source […]

View the full article

4 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Possibly because Netflix isn't showing it now.

Lehi

Oh.  But still, Corpse Bride?  That would give my kids nightmares.

Edited by Guest

Guest Godless

Secret of the Kells has caught my eye once or twice, but we haven't watched it yet. I giggled when I saw Shrek the Musical on that list. That was a very bizarre movie to see in stage form, imo.

I saw The Secret of Kells yesterday. It and Corpse Bride would have given me nightmares as a child but, I'm a wimp when it comes to violence/horror/intense stuff.

Kells is a little creepy at parts, and while it doesn't directly show any gore, there's is enough visual information to know that someone is killed/stabbed through the chest etc. Also the "northmen" and the wolves are really intense... Also there are a couple of nightmarish sequences that people that have fears of getting dragged away to your doom (*cough* me *cough*) may have a harder time with.

Younger me would have had a problem.

No to Corpse Bride and Emperor's New Groove.

Princess Bride is all thumbs up.

Back to the Future is a family movie, yes?  It needs to be on that list.  And so should How To Train Your Dragons 2 and Mulan.

I thought Goosebumps was a good family movie too.

The 100-foot journey would also be on the top of my list.

Guest Godless
27 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

No to Corpse Bride and Emperor's New Groove.

Aww, I love Emperor's New Groove!

Princess Bride is all thumbs up.

1000% agree.

Back to the Future is a family movie, yes?  It needs to be on that list.  And so should How To Train Your Dragons 2 and Mulan.

Sadly, Mulan was removed a couple months ago. The decent but far less good sequel is still there though. I wish they'd add the first Dragon movie. I've seen 2 and the Netflix spinoff series (which is actually pretty good), but not the first movie.

4 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Secondhand Lions was an amazing movie.  I never considered it possible to have suicide provoke lovingly warm lighthearted laughter, but that movie pulled it off.  A masterpiece. 

Mrs. Carb said the same thing.  But I didn't look at it that way.  "Suicide" in my mind was certainly different than "dying with your boots on".

7 hours ago, Godless said:

Aww, I love Emperor's New Groove!

1000% agree.

Sadly, Mulan was removed a couple months ago. The decent but far less good sequel is still there though. I wish they'd add the first Dragon movie. I've seen 2 and the Netflix spinoff series (which is actually pretty good), but not the first movie.

Oh my gosh... YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST DRAGON MOVIE????????  INTERVENTION!!!!  Go see it.  Today.  TODAY!  Go go go!