NewsMax Names America’s 50 Most Influential Mormons

Newsmax published a list today of the 50 Most Influential Mormons in America. Here’s how the online paper introduced the article: Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are important leaders in many fields, including government, economics, entertainment, science, education, and sports. Most would agree Mormons “over index” in many fields that affect […]

View the full article

Guest Godless
13 minutes ago, pam said:

Okay I'm confused.  Where did you see his name?

Weird, I swear I saw his name in that article earlier. I guess they did a ninja-edit when they realized that "culturally, a Mormon until the day I die" doesn't mean he's a friend of the Church.

When I first looked at the article Steve Benson's name was there, can't remember which number he was but he was after Steve Young and before Brandon Flowers. But now he's been replaced, which makes sense since he is no longer Mormon.

M.

1 hour ago, Maureen said:

When I first looked at the article Steve Benson's name was there, can't remember which number he was but he was after Steve Young and before Brandon Flowers. But now he's been replaced, which makes sense since he is no longer Mormon.

M.

Yup, he was there. Google's cache has been updated, but Bing's hasn't. Seems that someone let them know of their mistake and they fixed it.

28. Steve Benson — The grandson of former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and former LDS Church president Ezra Taft Benson, Steve Benson is a masterful cartoonist who won a Pulitzer in 1993 for his work with The Arizona Republic.

Cael Sanderson is the substitution.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=cache%3ahttp%3a%2f%2fwww.newsmax.com%2fTopBestList%2fnewsmax-list-mormons-influential%2f2016%2f08%2f24%2fid%2f744898%2f&d=5428564155397&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=kE8u8QhkNSh53wLzt31cBR1qI303QMw_

28. Steve Benson — The grandson of former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and former LDS Church president Ezra Taft Benson, Steve Benson is a masterful cartoonist who won a Pulitzer in 1993 for his work with The Arizona Republic.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/TopBestList/newsmax-list-mormons-influential/2016/08/24/id/744898/#ixzz4IN1w5JnP
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!

So, here's a breakdown , if anyone's interested:

Govt/Politics: 19

Business: 14

Entertainment:  8

Sports:  8

Education:  6

Media:  3

The total is more than 50 because some people belonged in more than one category (e.g. Romney was both politics and business). 

Edited by Guest