How to properly ask out a mormon?

Hi there, I'm a mormon all my life and have been in and out of the church many times. I have finally decided to stay in my faith and chose to stay in the church's standards and expectations. Because I have lack of knowledge about mormon dating, how do I ask out a mormon girl on a date? What pickup line do I use? I have provided tons of these...lol I have no idea where to begin with. This girl is from Peru, she's beautiful, she speaks good english, and she's kind. I really don't want to mess this up. I know her as a friend. So what do I say to her?

The 13th Article of Faith requires me to ask you out (“If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.”)

If Eve was tempted by an apple than you must be my fruit.

Even with the Liahona, I get lost in your eyes.

You remind me of the fruit in Lehi’s dream. Precious above all others

Can I introduce you to my friends to prove that angels really do exist?

God broke the mold when He made your sweet face.

I want to be like the Spirit, to be with thee whithersoever thou goest.

What’s ur favorite temple? I’m lookin’ at mine.

If we were around with Noah… then you, me… pair.

my spiritual gift is my good looks… it lifts peoples spirits

The tree of life called, it wants it’s sweetness back.

welcome to the christian family… the only family where brothers and sisters can marry each other.

I would leave 99 sheep to come and find you, then I would carry you home joyfully on my shoulder

I just got back from my mission and I’m looking for my next companion!

now i know why Solomon had 700 wives… Because he never met you

Are you the spirit? Because whenever I think about you I feel a burning in my bosom.

Are you the iron rod? Cause I wanna hold onto you for the rest of eternity.

Is the spirit telling you what it’s telling me?

Is your name virtue? Cause you garnish my thoughts.

Use this at your singles ward. I knew I’d feel the spirit at church, but I never thought I’d see an angel.

Are you a gadiaton robber? Because u just stole my heart. (If they do not know that this is one of the Mormon pick up lines they are not Mormon)

Don’t I know you from the pre-existence?

Guy sees girl and says: Oh good! Now I can break my fast. Girl asks: Why? Guy: Because I see the answer to my prayers.

What time do you have to be back in heaven?

I just got back from my mission….. i’m looking for another companion and i just found one.

God told me to come talk to you

No, i’m not coveting, I intend to make you mine.

Have you ever held the Priesthood? Guys puts his hand out

The Bible says “Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry”; how about dinner?

For a moment I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Now I see that I am very much alive, and heaven has been brought to me

Did it hurt? ……  When you fell from heaven?

What’s your name and number so I can add you to my “prayer” list

If God made anything more pretty, I’m sure he’d keep it for himself.

I’d pick you over Satan any day.

God was just showing off when He made you.

I know milk does a body bood, but how much have you been drinking?!!!!!

Even with the Liahona, I get lost in your eyes:)

7 minutes ago, curious_mormon said:

Hi there, I'm a mormon all my life and have been in and out of the church many times. I have finally decided to stay in my faith and chose to stay in the church's standards and expectations. Because I have lack of knowledge about mormon dating, how do I ask out a mormon girl on a date? What pickup line do I use? I have provided tons of these...lol I have no idea where to begin with. This girl is from Peru, she's beautiful, she speaks good english, and she's kind. I really don't want to mess this up. I know her as a friend. So what do I say to her?

Ditch the pick up lines.  Just be yourself.

"I'd love to take you to dinner sometime. How is Friday?"

Quiet confidence (not arrogance) is very attractive. Pickup lines are the crutch of the insecure.

Edited by Eowyn

Guest MormonGator

Some funny lines you have my friend, but 99% of women over age 16 can see right through them and would just roll their eyes. 

Most women under 16 would also see right through them, but they shouldn't be dating in the first place. 

Some lines to avoid:

You remind me of a rose - a rhinoserose!
I could dance with you until the cows came home, but I'd much rather dance with the cows until you came home.
Is your name Elsie? Because, my dear, you look simply bovine!
I saved you a seat. It's in another room.
I planned a going away party for you. Will you leave already?

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Long walks. Stop at a hotdog stand or a 7-11. Cheap. Good exercise. Offer to walk someone's dog.

@Sunday21 raises a great point.

The best dates I've ever had have been chilling at someones apartment while we ate pizza and talked about our lives. Not the ones where we went to a movie (terrible idea because you can't talk to one another) , expensive restaurant (if the date is miserable you are out 200$) or a concert (What? What? I can't hear you!).

My first date with Faramir was at the art museum, followed by dinner (sit-down place, but not $200 by far). It was great. We got lots of talking time and had something to do/look at while we talked.

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

My first date with Faramir was at the art museum, 

Great date idea, really. If you can't agree on art tastes, there is no future. 

(just playing. The wonderful LadyGator is more into impressionism and I'm an abstract/modern kind of guy) 

36 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Great date idea, really. If you can't agree on art tastes, there is no future. 

(just playing. The wonderful LadyGator is more into impressionism and I'm an abstract/modern kind of guy) 

A great way to pick your future spouse! Just kidding. In the National Art Gallery in Ottawa, very posh, I rounded a corner and, on exhibit, they had packed a truck, yep...very significant that truck.

On 2016-08-24 at 8:25 PM, Eowyn said:

My first date with Faramir was at the art museum, followed by dinner (sit-down place, but not $200 by far). It was great. We got lots of talking time and had something to do/look at while we talked.

The purpose of a date is to have something to do while you talk and get to know each other.  Museums, mini-golf, bowling, board games etc.  Concerts and movies are better for later dates, you don't get as much time to talk.

Guest MormonGator
23 hours ago, Latter-Day Marriage said:

The purpose of a date is to have something to do while you talk and get to know each other.  Museums, mini-golf, bowling, board games etc.  Concerts and movies are better for later dates, you don't get as much time to talk.

Mini golf is a GREAT idea. I had a date with a girl where we played 18 holes of mini golf. She was rude to other people, demanding and threw tantrums for not getting the ball in the hole. There was not a second date. 

@MormonGator, I know you ended well, so good on you. However, I am one of those people that is pretty calm and steady with other people. I reserve my inner anger and frustration for inanimate objects. Lately, the humble golf ball has, indeed, received copious amounts of abuse from yours truly.  Guess I'm glad I already got hitched.  :-)

Edited by prisonchaplain

Guest MormonGator
42 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

@MormonGator, I know you ended well, so good on you. However, I am one of those people that is pretty calm and steady with other people. I reserve my inner anger and frustration for inanimate objects. Lately, the humble golf ball has, indeed, received copious amounts of abuse from yours truly.  Guess I'm glad I already got hitched.  :-)

lol. Thanks for the compliment PC! 

22 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Mini golf is a GREAT idea. I had a date with a girl where we played 18 holes of mini golf. She was rude to other people, demanding and threw tantrums for not getting the ball in the hole. There was not a second date. 

You married her without a second date?

On 8/24/2016 at 3:25 PM, curious_mormon said:

The 13th Article of Faith requires me to ask you out (“If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.”)

If Eve was tempted by an apple than you must be my fruit.

Even with the Liahona, I get lost in your eyes.

You remind me of the fruit in Lehi’s dream. Precious above all others

Can I introduce you to my friends to prove that angels really do exist?

God broke the mold when He made your sweet face.

I want to be like the Spirit, to be with thee whithersoever thou goest.

What’s ur favorite temple? I’m lookin’ at mine.

If we were around with Noah… then you, me… pair.

my spiritual gift is my good looks… it lifts peoples spirits

welcome to the christian family… the only family where brothers and sisters can marry each other.

I would leave 99 sheep to come and find you, then I would carry you home joyfully on my shoulder

I just got back from my mission and I’m looking for my next companion!

now i know why Solomon had 700 wives… Because he never met you

Are you the spirit? Because whenever I think about you I feel a burning in my bosom.

Are you the iron rod? Cause I wanna hold onto you for the rest of eternity.

Is the spirit telling you what it’s telling me?

Is your name virtue? Cause you garnish my thoughts.

Use this at your singles ward. I knew I’d feel the spirit at church, but I never thought I’d see an angel.

Are you a gadiaton robber? Because u just stole my heart. (If they do not know that this is one of the Mormon pick up lines they are not Mormon)

Don’t I know you from the pre-existence?

Guy sees girl and says: Oh good! Now I can break my fast. Girl asks: Why? Guy: Because I see the answer to my prayers.

What time do you have to be back in heaven?

I just got back from my mission….. i’m looking for another companion and i just found one.

God told me to come talk to you

No, i’m not coveting, I intend to make you mine.

Have you ever held the Priesthood? Guys puts his hand out

The Bible says “Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry”; how about dinner?

For a moment I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Now I see that I am very much alive, and heaven has been brought to me

Did it hurt? ……  When you fell from heaven?

What’s your name and number so I can add you to my “prayer” list

If God made anything more pretty, I’m sure he’d keep it for himself.

I’d pick you over Satan any day.

God was just showing off when He made you.

I know milk does a body bood, but how much have you been drinking?!!!!!

Even with the Liahona, I get lost in your eyes:)

Curious,

Since this is your first post, we have no idea what kind of person you are, so I have to ask something.

Is this a joke list?

Guest MormonGator
21 hours ago, NightSG said:

You married her without a second date?

We went to Reno that night to get married. Like all Reno marriages, it lated about 48 hours. 

8 hours ago, Latter-Day Marriage said:

Believe it or not, when I proposed to my wife, we had had only one date, and it was 3 years before that night.

20 hours ago, MormonGator said:

We went to Reno that night to get married. Like all Reno marriages, it lated about 48 hours. 

I had been "chasing" the pre- Mrs. Carb for months.  We finally had a formal date and courtship was official.  By the end of that evening, we were talking about the subject of marriage.  By our second formal date (which was a couple weeks later) I think both of us were set on marriage.  But it wasn't months later until I proposed to her formally.