Tetrad of Solar Eclipses and Sextet of Lunar Eclipses Related to Significant Hebrew Days - Testifies of Second Coming of Jesus Christ?

lds2

For the first time in almost 2,000 years the Sanhedrin did as commanded by the bible and started the New Year on March 10th of 2016. (The priests also sacrificed a grain offering on a small temple altar at that time.) Some of us were following the "blood moons" on His "divine appointments" last year (much of that is explained in books, movies and videos) and when nothing happened on Elul 29-Feast of Trumpets some folks were upset and others ridiculed. But folks forgot or didn't know that this is a Shemitah/Jubilee two year period and we are not to the end of that yet.

To me this is particularly apparent as a "God thing" when you note that when the year was started as instructed by the bible (as happened this year) that the solar eclipses and lunar eclipses on His New Year's days and main divine appointment days have continued through 2016.

I am posting this for other "watchers" who would like to know these things as I believe they testify of His coming. I do not believe He will come soon "in glory" as the second coming is a progressive event (I believe starting with God and the Father appearing to Joseph Smith, then Jesus appearing to prophets in various temples, and we know he will appear at Adam-ondi-Ahman, at His temple in the New Jerusalem, to rescue the Jews in Jerusalem, etc. before He comes in glory to cleanse the Earth and judge humankind.)

So...If these things interest you I will post some sources below that you can research further. Elder Bednar (and the scriptures of course) has repeatedly said in recent years to "Watch with all perserverance" and that is what I am trying to do. Perhaps some others will want to take the opportunity to learn about what is going on in the Heavens as well.

The 7 High Holy Days this Year, 2016 
(with some other perhaps significant dates thrown in)

Spring

9-10 March [Nisan 1] . God's Biblical Calendar begins - New Year
Total Solar Eclipse, New Moon, a supermoon

23-24 March . . . . . Passover
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
also 2 comets (among the five closest to the Earth ever recorded) 
(2 day Seder observance in diaspora)

24-31 March . . . . . Feast of Unleavened Bread 
(7 day observance)

27-28 March . . . . . Feast of First Fruits (Resurrection)
(1 day observance)

15-16 May . . . . . . Pentecost
(1 day observance)

Fall

3/4 August to 11 September is . . Teshuvah (40 Days of Repentance)
So 9/11 significant?...perhaps very! The Jubilee year did not start until the Day of Atonement 2015 so a full year could end on the day of atonement or 9/11 this year.

1 September . . . . . Elul 29 *
Annular Solar Eclipse -- this eclipse officially ends at 12:00 (exactly) UTC tim

2-4 September . . . . Feast of Trumpets and Civic New Year
(2 day observance)

11-12 September . . . Day of Atonement
(1 day observance)

16-23 September . . . Feast of Tabernacles
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse 
(seven day observance)

* In hindsight, it is not surprising that nothing happened last year on Elul 29 as prevously the Shemita years of 2001 and 2008 were not followed by a Jubilee year. Anciently they were to not sow for two years, the second year led to greater deliverance as well, particularly from debt and servitude. These were sacred years where they were able to be with family on the tribal lands and worship in ways that were not possible when sowing/harvesting. Perhaps in a way we are doing that as well...perhaps that is why there has been such a push to keep the Sabbath Day Holy this year? 

So with my watching Elul 29 or the Day of Atonement this year as the end of this third Shemitah (this year shemitah/jubilee) "week" in a row (prior two had significant stock market crashes), does anyone else see as very significant the fact that the Elul 29/Feast of Trumpets eclipse ends at 12:00 (an exact symbolic number?). 

When I saw the 12:00 exact time it just stuck out to me, you can find it here... http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2016-september-1

Also, some count the calendar a day different than others...http://www.ccg.org/weblibs/study-papers/a_p2016.html

Edited by lds2
typos

First of all, 12:00 is noon, not midnight.  Midnight is 00:00.  Second, the link you provided uses the URL of this post, but if I copy the text and use that as a link: http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2016-september-1  That page references 06:13 UTC and 09:01 UTC.  There's nothing there about noon or midnight UTC (or any other offset, since there's nothing happening at :00 of any hour).  Would you care to fix / clarify whatever it is you're trying to say about "12:00"?

(Not that any of this matters much to me, but you made a pretty big deal about "12:00" and the link doesn't back you up...)

Edited by zil

It is not what I say or testify of that is important, it is what the Lord is through His signs that are associated with His calendar.

Look at the link again and see when the September 1 eclipse ends..that seems like a God thing to me...12:00 exactly. I knew already that midnight on that clock is either 0:00 or 24:00. So then I wondered...what is the significance of the number 12:00 itself to us? Most of us see it as a number representing midnight (as well as noon) also 3, 7, 12, 40 etc. are numbers and have significance given them by God as numbers he often uses, so perhaps the 12 has another meaning or it is just an amazing coincidence.

I believe that God is saying something with these signs in the heavens related to His calendar and I hope that there are a few here open to that possibility who will appreciate the OP.

Edited by lds2

"When Noah was instructed to build an ark, the foolish populace looked at the cloudless sky and then scoffed and jeered—until the rain came. On the American continent long centuries ago, people doubted, disputed, and disobeyed until the fire consumed Zarahemla, the earth covered Moronihah, and the water engulfed Moroni. Jeering, mocking, ribaldry, and sin were no more. They had been replaced by sullen silence, dense darkness. The patience of God had expired, His timetable fulfilled." President Monson, "True to the Faith of our Forefathers", July 2016, www. lds.org/ liahona/2016/07/true-to-the-faith-of-our-forefathers?lang=eng

Great talk by a messianic Jewish scholar related to the Feast Days and the Lord...https://youtu.be/3cCf1K-Bbhw

Another video about the Shemitah/Jubilee...https://youtu.be/HqKre85jYC0

Edited by lds2

7 minutes ago, lds2 said:

It is not what I say or testify of that is important, it is what the Lord is through His signs that are associated with His calendar.

Look at the link again and see when the September 1 eclipse ends..that seems like a God thing to me...12:00 exactly.

I did.  It appeared to only mention 06:13 and 09:01 UTC.  That's why I asked you to clarify that piece.

And you could easily have done that by saying: you have to scroll down to the table labeled "When the Eclipse Happens Worldwide" (near the end of the page) and look at the last line (why it calls a time a location is beyond me, but it does).  And _that_ is where you find noon UTC.

Sometimes asking for clarification is just asking for clarification.

PS: There is no such time as 24:00.

Guest MormonGator

Every time there is an eclipse, earthquake or other natural disaster a certain group of people will jump up and down and claim that it's the end times. The damage they do to believers is huge because it makes all of look crazy.  

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I'm just shocked that here we are,  two-thirds through 2016, and this is only the third or fourth time online I've seen threads following the format:

"This is the first time in [X] years
that the [planets/stars/moon/seasons/ice caps/United Nations/sanhedrin/illuminati]
will [align/eclipse/dissapear/have troops in the US/immanentize the eschaton]
as fortold by [the Bible/Nostradamus/Alex Jones/Al Gore/my vision]"

In my usual year, I find one of these every month or two.  I guess [inflation/price of gold/the weather/global temperatures/global violence] hasn't really been throwing us any surprise curve balls recently. 

A good prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich and a good conspiracy buff can make anything seem like the end of the world. 

Zil thank you for your comments as I try to be accurate and try to make things understandable and this is a huge topic to talk about in one post/thread. When you talk about the timing of the eclipse, I think you are talking about when it begins and I was talking about when it totally ends. Look at the last numbers on the chart and you will see what stuck out to me. You don't see exact numbers that often, so I thought perhaps they might have meaning, but this is certainly not the coolest thing about what I was trying to share...just the new thing to me.

I understand that there is not a huge number of folks that are interested in the Signs in the Heavens that are happening on His dates given to us in Leviticus, but because some of these significant dates are coming up, and I am excited about that, I wanted to share for others who might want to watch these things as well.

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

"...claim that it's the end times. The damage they do to believers is huge because it makes all of look crazy.  

It is interesting to me that "end times" is not a term found in the bible...instead we see "last times", "last days" and "latter-days". I believe the Lord named His Church, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." So I would say that if the Lord says that we are in the "latter-days" it must be so...as crazy as that may seem to some...and as much damage as that might do to others...I'll have to stand with His words.

It was not my intention to say what these signs in the heavens mean...just that God made the heavens and He said that he would use them for "moed". The fact that these eclipses continue and are happening on His "Divine Appointments"..well I believe we should watch for significance as the heavens were created by Him. I am not saying to expect a calamity or other event on these days (although throughout history significant things, good and bad, have happened on and around His Divine Appontments.) But it is something I am watching as "His appointments" are drawing near and I thought others might be interested in "watching" as well.

Edited by lds2

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, lds2 said:

It is interesting to me that "end times" is not a term found in the bible...instead we see "last times", "last days" and "latter-days". I believe the Lord named His Church, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." So I would say that if the Lord says that we are in the "latter-days" it must be so...as crazy as that may seem to some...and as much damage as that might do to others...I'll have to stand with His words.

I get what you are saying, and I don't really disagree with you. So I apologize if I was tart or snarky. 

That said, the bible also states that no one knows when it will end the than the Father. So while we can say that this or that might be a sign, we should be very careful on his specific we try to get. 

17 minutes ago, lds2 said:

That is kind of the point though...  Any Latter-day Saint should already be aware that we are in the "last times", "last days" and "latter-days" and should have/be prepared accordingly.  We should not need Signs and Wonders in heaven to tell us this.

Now the Lord has promised that such Signs will come and so be it... But they should make no difference whatsoever to any Latter-day Saint in figuring out what they should be doing.

"That said, the bible also states that no one knows when it will end the than the Father. So while we can say that this or that might be a sign, we should be very careful on his specific we try to get."  MormonGator

In Matthew 24 it says no man at THAT time knew the day or the hour, but we can infer as He was talking about it that He knew the season (and perhaps the week and month as well). I have a feeling that Heavenly Father might have shared with His Beloved Son, Jesus Chist, more during the almost 2,000 years since then and so it would not surprise me to find out that our latter-day prophets might know more about the week and month (and perhaps even the day and hour) since then.

Also, Jesus was talking about, I believe, His Second Coming as in "Coming in Glory", a lot of other things must happen before that! (i.d. greater tribulations including Armageddon and seven years of picking up garbage after that...and then teaching the Jews and many other non-Christian nations about Him before He comes in Glory,.

But then...the day and hour may still be something that the Lord, angels and prophets do not know...yet.) (Amos 3:7)

Edited by lds2

It is true we should already be prepared, but we are commanded in the scriptures to watch as well, e.g. Matthew 24:42, Ephesians 6:18, just google there are many scriptures...my personal favorite is:

Luke 12:37

37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

I don't want Him to serve me in that way, but I would sure like to meet him (again) face to face and serve Him! 

Another scripture says that if you are not watching you will be "cut off"...so I hope that helping y'all "watch" is a blessing to my friends here. :)

As far as preparing...in 2007 the prophets told us how to prepare for the times to come...even if we had just done the bare minimum of what we were instructed to do then and put away a couple of cans a week for ourselves we would be very well prepared with a basic supply of foods we eat by now. Add to that the longer-term storage such as grains and beans we were instructed to get after that and one would be well set for a calamity for a year or more (All Is Safely Gathered In, https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/04008_eng.pdf )

Edited by lds2

On 8/26/2016 at 10:56 AM, lds2 said:

In Matthew 24 it says no man at THAT time knew the day or the hour, but we can infer as He was talking about it that He knew the season (and perhaps the week and month as well). I have a feeling that Heavenly Father might have shared with His Beloved Son, Jesus Chist, more during the almost 2,000 years since then and so it would not surprise me to find out that our latter-day prophets might know more about the week and month (and perhaps even the day and hour) since then.

I totally disagree with this.  I don't think our latter-day prophets know more about the week and the month.  I think we need to be careful even suggesting this.

On 8/26/2016 at 0:56 PM, lds2 said:

In Matthew 24 it says no man at THAT time knew the day or the hour, but we can infer as He was talking about it that He knew the season (and perhaps the week and month as well).

This statement is loaded with a couple of assumptions. 

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

First, it doesn't specify that it was referring specifically to the people of THAT time.  You can choose to interpret it that way, but that's up to you.  It isn't conclusively stated as such.

Second, you're interpreting the phrase "day and hour" more literally here than is warranted.  "The hour" is a literary device that means the same as "time."  So the idea that nobody knows the hour or the day is kind of irrelevant if they can know the rest.

Honestly, it seems like you're suggesting that the Prophet might say something like "Well, we know the Second Coming is happening in the third week of May 2023, But we just don't know which day of that week or what time of day.  Goodness, how the Lord works in mysterious ways."

That doesn't make sense to me, no offense.

Guest MormonGator
20 hours ago, pam said:

I think we need to be careful even suggesting this.

Yes, we do. Very much so. It effects the credibility of the church. Non members will look at us like we are crazy when the "prophecies" don't come true. And they won't. 

Pam - I agree with you as I do not believe the brethren know the specific week or day, but we all know the season because we are in it. I believe that someday perhaps in the distant future they may know as it says in the scriptures...

Amos 3:7

Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Also, my understanding is that many prophets throughout the ages have received visions of the creation to the end of the world. I know that previous prophets and apostles have seen the "latter-days" because they have talked so much about them in the scriptures, particularly John the Revelator. Whether any others such as previous or current prophets or apostles have also received this vision is something we would not know. 

As we are talking about the latter-days we know that Jesus will come to the New Jerusalem, He will come to save the Jews in the old Jerusalem, then in a different "coming" He will come in glory. When talking about His coming in Glory, that timing may be something that only Heavenly Father still knows, or not.

On 8/28/2016 at 2:16 PM, MormonGator said:

Yes, we do. Very much so. It effects the credibility of the church. Non members will look at us like we are crazy when the "prophecies" don't come true. And they won't. 

What prophecies? The solar eclipse is happening tonight! According to that Sanhedrin council it marks the Elul 29/Feast of Trumpets time or the fourth Solar eclipse on a Hebrew New Year in a row. The next lunar eclipse will be on Tabernacles, the sixth lunar eclipse on Passover/Tabernacles that started in the spring of 2014. There is no prophecy attached to these signs in the heavens that I know of, but I believe that they most certainly testify of Him...as I believe He created them. 

What they might mean is anyone's guess as He hasn't told us. That is something to pray about.

Edited by lds2