Tetrad of Solar Eclipses and Sextet of Lunar Eclipses Related to Significant Hebrew Days - Testifies of Second Coming of Jesus Christ?

lds2

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:45 PM, lds2 said:

For the first time in almost 2,000 years the Sanhedrin did as commanded by the bible and started the New Year on March 10th of 2016. (The priests also sacrificed a grain offering on a small temple altar at that time.) Some of us were following the "blood moons" on His "divine appointments" last year (much of that is explained in books, movies and videos) and when nothing happened on Elul 29-Feast of Trumpets some folks were upset and others ridiculed. But folks forgot or didn't know that this is a Shemitah/Jubilee two year period and we are not to the end of that yet.

To me this is particularly apparent as a "God thing" when you note that when the year was started as instructed by the bible (as happened this year) that the solar eclipses and lunar eclipses on His New Year's days and main divine appointment days have continued through 2016.

I am posting this for other "watchers" who would like to know these things as I believe they testify of His coming. I do not believe He will come soon "in glory" as the second coming is a progressive event (I believe starting with God and the Father appearing to Joseph Smith, then Jesus appearing to prophets in various temples, and we know he will appear at Adam-ondi-Ahman, at His temple in the New Jerusalem, to rescue the Jews in Jerusalem, etc. before He comes in glory to cleanse the Earth and judge humankind.)

So...If these things interest you I will post some sources below that you can research further. Elder Bednar (and the scriptures of course) has repeatedly said in recent years to "Watch with all perserverance" and that is what I am trying to do. Perhaps some others will want to take the opportunity to learn about what is going on in the Heavens as well.

The 7 High Holy Days this Year, 2016 
(with some other perhaps significant dates thrown in)

Spring

9-10 March [Nisan 1] . God's Biblical Calendar begins - New Year
Total Solar Eclipse, New Moon, a supermoon

23-24 March . . . . . Passover
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
also 2 comets (among the five closest to the Earth ever recorded) 
(2 day Seder observance in diaspora)

24-31 March . . . . . Feast of Unleavened Bread 
(7 day observance)

27-28 March . . . . . Feast of First Fruits (Resurrection)
(1 day observance)

15-16 May . . . . . . Pentecost
(1 day observance)

Fall

3/4 August to 11 September is . . Teshuvah (40 Days of Repentance)
So 9/11 significant?...perhaps very! The Jubilee year did not start until the Day of Atonement 2015 so a full year could end on the day of atonement or 9/11 this year.

1 September . . . . . Elul 29 *
Annular Solar Eclipse -- this eclipse officially ends at 12:00 (exactly) UTC tim

2-4 September . . . . Feast of Trumpets and Civic New Year
(2 day observance)

11-12 September . . . Day of Atonement
(1 day observance)

16-23 September . . . Feast of Tabernacles
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse 
(seven day observance)

* In hindsight, it is not surprising that nothing happened last year on Elul 29 as prevously the Shemita years of 2001 and 2008 were not followed by a Jubilee year. Anciently they were to not sow for two years, the second year led to greater deliverance as well, particularly from debt and servitude. These were sacred years where they were able to be with family on the tribal lands and worship in ways that were not possible when sowing/harvesting. Perhaps in a way we are doing that as well...perhaps that is why there has been such a push to keep the Sabbath Day Holy this year? 

So with my watching Elul 29 or the Day of Atonement this year as the end of this third Shemitah (this year shemitah/jubilee) "week" in a row (prior two had significant stock market crashes), does anyone else see as very significant the fact that the Elul 29/Feast of Trumpets eclipse ends at 12:00 (a symbolic number?). Will it be symbolically time for something to happen such as midnight or time for the feast to begin behind closed doors? or could there be some other significance with such an exact number?

When I saw the 12:00 exact time it just stuck out to me, you can find it here... http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2016-september-1

Also, some count the calendar a day different than others...http://www.ccg.org/weblibs/study-papers/a_p2016.html

Cool story bro...

Elul 29 - September 1, 2016 

http://www.ccg.org/weblibs/study-papers/a_p2016.html or http://www.7witnesses.com/uploads/3/8/9/3/38938293/160321-2016_sextet_of_bloodmoons.pdf

Elul 29 is today or it begins tonight...but the eclipse is today for sure and it ends at 12:00 exactly in the last location.

Edited by lds2

Guest MormonGator

This happens every time there is an eclipse or something like that. Very sad, because now I have to explain to my friends that not every LDS thinks that these events are signs of the end times. 

I wouldn't worry too much gator...the likelihood of any friend mentioning this to you LDS or otherwise is remote. So few people are truly interested in these things that I think you can literally hear them snoring.

But I think it is something with significance (whatever that is) and I believe there is at least one other (He's an amazing being who created them) out there in the great expanse that does as well. 

So my eyes are wide open and you can't quell my excitement that the fourth of the tetrad of solar eclipses is TONIGHT!

Edited by lds2

Last of the Tetrad of Solar Eclipses on Jewish New Years Tonight!!!

Elul 29 begins September 1, 2016 

http://www.ccg.org/weblibs/study-papers/a_p2016.html 

or 

http://www.7witnesses.com/uploads/3/8/9/3/38938293/160321-2016_sextet_of_bloodmoons.pdf

The eclipse ends in the last location at 12:00 exactly!...(which seems likely to be a symbolic number with a meaning considering who created it.) That means that the Feast of Trumpets is the next day or the 4th Jewish New Year with a solar eclipse.

Also..Using this calendar the Jubilee would have been in effect for a whole year on the Day of Atonement or 9/11 of 2016.

The Sextet of Lunar Eclipses or the sixth lunar eclipse on Passover or Tabernacles in a row will happen this month as well, September 16-17.

Edited by lds2

1 hour ago, lds2 said:

Elul 29 - September 1, 2016 

http://www.ccg.org/weblibs/study-papers/a_p2016.html or http://www.7witnesses.com/uploads/3/8/9/3/38938293/160321-2016_sextet_of_bloodmoons.pdf

Either it is today or it begins tonight...I'm not sure on the math, but the eclipse is tonight for sure and it ends at 12:00. 

Actually, Africa is ahead of the US, so the eclipse occurred very early this morning (for those of us in the US) Slooh's video of the event, if interested: http://live.slooh.com/stadium/live/african-ring-of-fire#

On 8/26/2016 at 9:59 AM, MormonGator said:

You are reading way too much into things. There is a reason Harold Camping is laughed at by 99% of people. Don't be like him. 

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation

Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius

Edited by Guest

Guest MormonGator
21 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation

Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius

lol. Awesome. 

In all seriousness, keep in mind that several of my friends aren't just non-religious, they are lightly/moderately hostile to religion. They'll find things that people will post on FB or in forums sometimes about end times and ask me "Hey, do all believers think this way?" I have to defend my views and remind them that we aren't all like this!

Edited by MormonGator

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

In all seriousness, keep in mind that several of my friends aren't just non-religious, they are lightly/moderately hostile to religion. They'll find things that people will post on FB or in forums sometimes about end times and ask me "Hey, do all believers think this way?" I have to defend my views and remind them that we aren't all like this!

We are in the "latter-days"...and I don't see how, as that is our title, you would feel like you have to "defend" that or convince others that you aren't one of those people that believe "like that." More importantly such discussions would be a great time to testify what you do believe, i.e. you could share the Articles of Faith 7-10 which talks about revelation, that God reveals things through His scriptures, that Jesus will someday reign personally upon the earth, and that we have a God given right to not agree with everyone else about everything. 

If your friends are anti-religion you have a lot of work to do to show them that there was intelligent design in creation. But when you see signs in the heavens like these, where year upon year the odds of them being mere coincidence become ever more infinitesimal it should help your discussions...not hurt them. You can add to that the chances of similar signs happening on Passover/Tabernacles associated with lunar eclipses two years in a row both around when Israel became a nation and then again when Jerusalem was reunited...and if they are scientifically minded rather than close minded they should at least wonder if it is possible that God (or at least an amazing intelligence) was in these things.

But seriously, you can't stop truly close minded people from ridiculing and mocking...

Edited by lds2

3 minutes ago, lds2 said:

We are in the "latter-days"...and I don't see how, as that is our title, you would feel like you have to "defend" that or convince others that you aren't one of those people that believe "like that." More importantly such discussions would be a great time to testify what you do believe, i.e. you could share the Articles of Faith 7-10 which talks about revelation, that God reveals things through His scriptures, that Jesus will someday reign personally upon the earth, and that we have a God given right to not agree with everyone else about everything. 

If your friends are anti-religion you have a lot of work to do to show them that there was intelligent design in creation. But when you see signs in the heavens like these, where year upon year the odds of them being mere coincidence become ever more infinitesimal it should help your discussions...not hurt them. You can add to that the chances of similar signs happening on Passover/Tabernacles associated with lunar eclipses two years in a row both around when Israel became a nation and then again when Jerusalem was reunited...and if they are scientifically minded rather than close minded they should at least wonder if it is possible that God (or at least an amazing intelligence) was in these things.

Seriously, you can't stop truly close minded people from ridiculing and mocking such things... 

Surely you've met whack jobs who think some Mayan calendar has predicted the world will end next Tuesday.  That's the kind of thing @MormonGator is talking about.  Stating that planets and stars are gonna be doing things that planets and stars occasionally do and which the folks who like observing planets and stars might like to watch isn't nuts - it's perfectly normal.  Somewhere between those is a line where you pass from normal to nuts.

1 hour ago, MrShorty said:

Actually, Africa is ahead of the US, so the eclipse occurred very early this morning (for those of us in the US) Slooh's video of the event, if interested: http://live.slooh.com/stadium/live/african-ring-of-fire#

Thanks! I've been watching them, pretty cool! I want to see the total solar eclipse where the path of totality will go across the entire United States next year in a place where the sky will actually darken.

On 8/25/2016 at 10:45 PM, lds2 said:

* In hindsight, it is not surprising that nothing happened last year...

Imagine that.

On 8/25/2016 at 10:45 PM, lds2 said:

...does anyone else see as very significant the fact that the Elul 29/Feast of Trumpets eclipse ends at 12:00 (a symbolic number?).

Nope.  Just you.

12:00

Actually God uses the number 12 quite a bit in relation to things being whole or complete, the priesthood . Midnight might represent the darkest time or a turning point, etc. Twelve can be found in 187 places in the bible and Revelation has 22 occurrences of the number and then then there is the BofM and D&C, etc.

Some examples of it's use: midnight, 12 sons, 12 princes, 12 stars, 12 unleavend cakes in the temple, 12 disciples, 12 apostles, 12 thousand from each tribe, the New Jerusalem has 12 gates one for each of the 12 tribes. The walls are 144 cubits high (12 multiplied by itself...with the city itself being 12,000 furlongs square) etc.

I do believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ and am "watching with all perseverence." Such an exact number as 12:00 is not unknown of as it happens once a day (depending on which clock you are using,) but the chances of this eclipse ending exactly at that time would be extremely rare, so worth mentioning.

Why the Lord uses symbols...https://www.lds.org/ensign/2007/02/why-symbols?lang=eng

Article on symbolism in the scriptures...their meanings are best learned through study and the Spirit.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1981/01/all-things-testify-of-him-understanding-symbolism-in-the-scriptures?lang=eng

Article of Feast of Trumpets in the Ensign...Joseph Smith received the golden plates on the Feast of Trumpets (Elul 29 last day of old year/Feast of Trumpets first day of new year)

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2000/01/the-golden-plates-and-the-feast-of-trumpets?lang=eng

Edited by lds2

I'm in good company, people thought Noah was nuts too...and certainly there were people in the crowd that said, "the only person that believes it will rain enough to need an ark is you Noah". I don't think I've been prophesying like Noah though other's have been implying that for me. 

"When Noah was instructed to build an ark, the foolish populace looked at the cloudless sky and then scoffed and jeered—until the rain came. On the American continent long centuries ago, people doubted, disputed, and disobeyed until the fire consumed Zarahemla, the earth covered Moronihah, and the water engulfed Moroni. Jeering, mocking, ribaldry, and sin were no more. They had been replaced by sullen silence, dense darkness. The patience of God had expired, His timetable fulfilled."

President Monson, "True to the Faith of our Forefathers", July 2016, www. lds.org/ liahona/2016/07/true-to-the-faith-of-our-forefathers?lang=eng

God gave us these Feast Days (given to the world by God in Leviticus) and the eclipses (sun, moon and stars were made by Him and set in the heavens for His signs He said.) He also tells us he will use these things in the future for His purposes, (i.e. Jesus fulfilled the first 4 of His 7 Feast Days with his death and resurrection, created His Church)...whether there are any further fulfilments related to the last three Feast Days...well, you will have to study that out in your own mind and then take that up with Him.

Edited by lds2

4 minutes ago, lds2 said:

I'm in good company, people thought Noah was nuts too

Let's be clear - I did not say you were nuts.  I said the guy who thinks a Mayan calendar is proof the world is going to end next Tuesday is nuts.

And as long as we're being clear, I'm uncertain whether your reference to midnight and 12 is meant to imply 12 was used in ancient scripture to represent midnight.  (If not, and you're referring to the modern use, then disregard what follows.)  But if you are implying ancient, I think you're wrong...  I can find no reason to believe they used 12 for midnight or noon.  Noon was "the sixth hour".  The 12th hour would have been 6pm (the start of the first watch, so it's possible they never called this the 12th hour).  Nighttime appeared to only be referred to by watches, and midnight was the start of the second watch (and based on the counting of daytime hours, we would have to assume it was either the sixth hour of the night, or the 18th hour (far less likely given that the day was considered to have begun at sunset)).  Now there may be some historian out there with ancient documents which disagree, but I couldn't find evidence of it.

Note: I'm not saying 12 isn't an important number, particularly in Hebrew, but if you're gonna look for meaning, use facts rather than assumptions - in other words, biblical / BofM / PofGP 12s would not have referred to noon or midnight.

We are commanded to "watch with all perseverance" I hoped to help others do this as these things are beyond coincidence.

12:00 stood out to me as it means midnight to me, I can't say what it symbolizes to others so I pointed it out as something perhaps of significance. As we might be part of the target audience for such a sign I would hope that one might consider that it might be meant for folks that use such a clock regularly? or on the other hand it might have no significance at all.

So I wonder why this is causing such contention and debate which was never my intention.

Please study these things out, put all these things through your own spiritual filter, take what that Spirit testifies is good/true and leave anything left over..`

6 hours ago, lds2 said:

I'm in good company, people thought Noah was nuts too...and certainly there were people in the crowd that said, "the only person that believes it will rain enough to need an ark is you Noah". I don't think I've been prophesying like Noah though other's have been implying that for me. 

"When Noah was instructed to build an ark, the foolish populace looked at the cloudless sky and then scoffed and jeered—until the rain came. On the American continent long centuries ago, people doubted, disputed, and disobeyed until the fire consumed Zarahemla, the earth covered Moronihah, and the water engulfed Moroni. Jeering, mocking, ribaldry, and sin were no more. They had been replaced by sullen silence, dense darkness. The patience of God had expired, His timetable fulfilled."

So, now you're Noah?  You're not Noah.

One big difference at least?  We're preparing for the Second Coming.  We're also preparing for the next life.  Whether He comes to us or we die and meet Him, we're working on being prepared either way.  Can you say that about the people who scoffed at Noah?

You know what else comes with the number 12?  Eggs.  So, chickens must be an essential preparation to have for the Millennial Era.

Oh The Big 12 must be the celestial athletic conference.

12 jurors must mean that with increasing crimminal trials, the second coming fast approaches.

There are 12 Jyotirlingas of Shiva.  So, if they visit you then the second coming must be approaching.

We now have a total of 12 planets and planetoids in the solar system.  So, with that discovery it must be approaching.

12 people just got sent to the hospital from this flight incident.  It must be a sign.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/31/europe/ireland-houston-london-united-flight-turbulence/

Bruce Willis was in the movie 12 monkeys.  That must mean that the future must be filled with time travel.

Please.  Stop with these "signs of the numbers".  There are plenty of REAL signs of the times to see if you just look.  You don't need to make things up.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

There are plenty of REAL signs of the times to see if you just look.

That is what I posted about in the OP and then everyone got lost in the whole number 12 thing which was the least of the amazing things which I was sharing today. These are real signs in the heavens directly related to God's real Feast Days. God made these things for His purposes.

I'm still scratching my head as to the level of contention and vitriol on this thread over a perhaps symbolic number (all further examples came from research on the subject and were not made up.)

I think these things shared today must be things that the adversary does not want people to learn about or understand. I think Elder Bednar was talking about what might be going on with this thread here... 

"The Book of Mormon warned us of how [Satan], in the last days, would lead us away carefully down to hell.  The Lord has on the earth some potential spiritual giants whom He saved for some six thousand years to help bear off the Kingdom triumphantly, and the devil is trying to put them to sleep.  The [adversary] knows that he probably won’t be too successful in getting them to commit many great and malignant sins of commission.  So he puts them into a deep sleep, like Gulliver, while he strands them...And what good is a sleepy, neutralized, lukewarm giant...?" Elder David A Bednar, July 30, 2010

7 hours ago, lds2 said:

That is what I posted about in the OP and then everyone got lost in the whole number 12 thing which was the least of the amazing things which I was sharing today. These are real signs in the heavens directly related to God's real Feast Days. God made these things for His purposes.

I'm still scratching my head as to the level of contention and vitriol on this thread over a perhaps symbolic number (all further examples came from research on the subject and were not made up.)

Please explain how anything in the OP is shown in any prophecies to be a sign of the coming of the Lord.  You did some fantastic mental gymnastics on the numbers, holy days, astonomical alignments,etc.  But I saw no scripture or statements by modern prophets tied into any of it.  So, why do you believe it has anything to do with the coming of the Lord?

It wasn't vitriol.  It was us scratching our heads wondering what the heck you're talking about.  You are not a Prophet.  So, don't declare anything as prophecy unless you can point to an actual Prophet who agrees with it.  If it was personal revelation, then it was for you alone.  Not for us.

If you are claiming to be a Prophet then claim it.  But don't be too surprised if we don't accept your claim to the mantle.

If it was simply your own speculation, then it is only speculation.  Don't be claiming that it is Satan trying to blind us.  We simply don't agree.

Edited by Guest