Some Questions for Fairy Godmothers

Jamie123

According to Cinderella's Fairy Godmother...

Salagadoola mechickaboola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Put 'em together and what have you got?

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo is obviously the "active ingredient". So why waste your money on salagadoola and mechickaboola? Adding them to the recipe just leaves bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!

But it gets stranger...

Salagadoola mechickaboola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Put 'em together and what have you got?

Bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.

So salagadoola and mechickaboola mutate the regular bibbidi-bobbidi-boo into triple-strength bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo?

Why didn't she just say that in the first stanza? Fairy Godmothers should learn to be less confusing!

(The heat's getting to me.)

3-bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.jpg

Edited by Jamie123

2 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo is obviously the "active ingredient". So why waste your money on salagadoola and mechickaboola? Adding them to the recipe just leaves bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!

Well, she actually explains that because:

salagadoola means Mechicka booleroo
But the thing mabob that does the job 
Is bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

bibbidi-bobbidi-boo is obviously like spaghetti.  The Salagadoola mechicka boola is the sauce.  When you ask "what's for dinner?" and someone says "spaghetti" you don't actually expect just bare noodles.  Without the sauce how good is that going to be.  But to satisfy hunger (doing the job that food is meant to do) the noodles themselves are the important part.  But who really wants to eat just noodles without sauce?

2 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

So salagadoola and mechickaboola mutate the regular bibbidi-bobbidi-boo into triple-strength bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo?

You've never piled on the sauce?

I'm kinda wondering if you put candles on your bibbidi bobbidi boo and blow them out, isn't that pretty much the same as mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho.. Mekka lekka hi mekka chonnie ho...?  (I.e. Is your wish granted?). .. Just asking for a friend who wants to know..

Edited by theSQUIDSTER

While we are at it, I would like to ask the Fairy Godmother if a dream really is a wish my heart makes when I'm fast asleep. If this is really true, I find many of my hearts wishes rather disturbing. For example:

My heart seems to wish that toilets were very public (like the dream where you have to go, but the only toilet is right in the middle of the gym floor right in the middle of a pep assembly).

My heart seems to wish that I could go back to school, be unable to remember my class schedule, where any of my classes meet, or keep proper track of day and time so I never actually attend any of my classes and fail them all.

Or how about the common going off to work/school/church without pants.

1 hour ago, MrShorty said:

While we are at it, I would like to ask the Fairy Godmother if a dream really is a wish my heart makes when I'm fast asleep.

Well, the problem with that is that Fairy Godmother wasn't the one who said that.  It was Cinderella.  And apparently, her dream life was wonderful.  Of course, if you had the waking life she did, maybe anything you dreamed would be an improvement.

17 hours ago, MrShorty said:

My heart seems to wish that toilets were very public (like the dream where you have to go, but the only toilet is right in the middle of the gym floor right in the middle of a pep assembly).

Or when you really need to go but all the toilets you can find are either locked or out of order....and you go on searching and searching in vain.

I have the "back to school" dreams too: I usually have to do a geography exam. (Why is it always geography?) I try to do the exam but I can't remember anything. And sometimes I am at school/work naked from the waist down, or in my pyjamas, or else wearing women's clothes.

The night before last I dreamed I was a kid again, and there were two very large boys who had a third much smaller bespectacled boy in a choke-hold. They had nasty cruel half-grinning pig-like faces. (They reminded me a bit of Crabbe and Goyle - Malfoy's two henchmen in the Harry Potter movies.) I tried punching the taller of them in the face, but it made no difference - his face was like hard rubber and it only made him grin more.

Perhaps a psychiatrist would make something of this...  

Edited by Jamie123