Changes coming to the site!

rpframe

Greetings wonderful peoples of the forums!

There are some things happening This Week!

1) Site Name Change incoming

We are changing our domain from lds.net to mormonhub.com. You should be able to reach everything if you continue to go to lds.net, but you will be forwarded to mormonhub.com. Or in other words, lds.net/forums will forward you to mormonhub.com/forums

This change is part of a larger change in direction and priorities for the site. We hope to make the forums a bigger part of our site.

2) Better site integration

We have already started a new forum that provides a place to discuss our homepage articles. Recently we also added a link to the articles themselves that go directly to the forum topic for the article. We have been very pleased with all of your participation in these threads and we hope that this and other features will help bring more people into the discussions and into other topics that you all create. 

We also have a featured section on the homepage for the forums, but this week we will be upgrading this section and giving it a place higher up on the page, and potentially more detailed.

Coming Soon (TM)

I'm planning on doing a pass on new user registration. The first time signup process is still a tad confusing (and there are a few technical issues with the logo and such during this process). I will be looking into this once these other important changes are finished.

Feel free to express questions/comments/concerns

16 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

For some reason I can only log into the forum on this device. When I try to log in on my desktop and phone, it always says I am using the wrong password and doesn't et me in. Can you suggest what I should do about this please?

I can only help you so much in a public forum so, if you have additional issues, you can get ahold of us via email on one of our contact us pages (forums-contact-us) (mainsite-contact-us) ([email protected])
But your best bet is to do a password reset here.

I will add that one of the good things about the changes with this forum is that if you're in the process of creating a thread or post and you accidentally delete the window of the forum, your thread or post does not delete. That is a great positive to this forum.

M.

12 minutes ago, Maureen said:

I will add that one of the good things about the changes with this forum is that if you're in the process of creating a thread or post and you accidentally delete the window of the forum, your thread or post does not delete. That is a great positive to this forum.

M.

That's been helpful to me as well. :)

The ability to mark the entire site read is another fantastic feature (which I wish a certain other forum had).  If you've been away a while, or there are particular parts you're not interested in, being able to mark them all read and get them off the "new content" list is really nice (for us OCD types).

I also like the "Like" function. :D

• rpframe unfeatured this topic
11 minutes ago, zil said:

The ability to mark the entire site read is another fantastic feature (which I wish a certain other forum had).  If you've been away a while, or there are particular parts you're not interested in, being able to mark them all read and get them off the "new content" list is really nice (for us OCD types).

I also like the "Like" function. :D

With the previous forum we used to have Laugh and Thanks buttons, they were great. I miss them.

M.

18 minutes ago, Maureen said:

I noticed that the Facebook LDS.net site has not changed to show it as MormonHub, will that change too?

M.

Yes, we are having a back and forth with Facebook. They are reluctant to make the change so, we are convincing them to.

Also, you may also notice that the login page will say LDS.net for a while too.. that is a different beast that I have to tackle once I finish some other important things.

• 1 year later...