Romans 3:23-28

Larry Cotrell

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

I love that scripture!

Lest anyone think I am ignoring the rest of God's word (Rev 22:19), I am well aware that faith and works go together (John 14:12, Hebrews 11:6, and of course James 2, and even the last verse in Romans 3, etc.).  I also know that justification is not just from my faith; the most important part is Jesus -- we are "justified by his blood" (Romans 5:9).

Some other scriptures I love about the goodness of Jesus and my dependence on Him:

"I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." (2 Nephi 33:6)

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:8-10)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5;17)

"But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.  Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. . . .  Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." (Alma 26 11-12, 16)

"And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.  My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions...; and he hath preserved me...  He hath filled me with his love" ( 2 Nephi 4:19-21)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.  I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die." (John 6:47-50)

"And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent" (Mosiah 3:17)

I could go on and on with scriptures that remind me of how great God is.

Edited by Rhoades
I had to add another scripture (Mosiah 3:17)