The Best (Non-Crunchy) General Conference Snacks

Third Hour

“I’m so excited for” CRUNCH “General” CRUNCH “Conference!” I love General Conference. I also love food. Luckily, I can combine the two. (Shout out to my main squeeze, modern technology! Streaming services are bae.) But get this — one of the things that makes Conference most meaningful for me is when I can actually hear it. Now I’m a big fan of popcorn, don’t get me wrong. But somehow President Monson’s stories just aren’t quite as enthralling when I only hear 1/4 of the message he shares because I'm either crunching on a popcorn kernel or remorsefully mourning my impending gingivitis as I struggle to disengage an intrusive popcorn husk that has made itself at home in my gums. That’s why I’ve taken the liberty of creating a list of non-crunchy snacks that you can enjoy while watching General Conference. I know, I know — you're welcome. Enjoy this list of snacks that you can munch … without missing a bunch. ? Click on the links to view some of our favorite recipes! Satiate Your...

View the full article

Every general conference, I dump all the food in our get-home bags and bug-out bags on the living room floor, and we partake of the Feast of the Perishables.  (It's in Leviticus somewhere, I think...)

Beef Jerky
Trail mix
Canned veggies and fruit
MRE deserts
Granola bars
MREs (every 3-4 years)

4 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Every general conference, I dump all the food in our get-home bags and bug-out bags on the living room floor, and we partake of the Feast of the Perishables.  (It's in Leviticus somewhere, I think...)

Beef Jerky
Trail mix
Canned veggies and fruit
MRE deserts
Granola bars
MREs (every 3-4 years)

Great idea/reminder to use it and replenish it.

To help children pay attention we set out 5 to 10 different snacks (some healthy, some not) each in their own bowl.  Each bowl is labeled with a gospel related word or phrase (e.g. repent).  Each time you hear the word, you get to reach in that bowl and have one.  Words that are very common (e.g. Jesus) get a small healthier snack, like cheerios.

We typically only do this for one session so it doesn't lose its appeal.  It's become a fun tradition.

Ah, am I to understand that you all be watching at home or is this what you guys bring to church? Some sort of trough set up on the pew?

I did once see a family from Detroit eating fried chicken in church...just the once though. I imagine that someone spoke to them. The powers that be tend to make their views known here. I have just heard my 2nd 'fired from teaching Relief Society' story. Glad that I have always stuck to the prescribed material!

9 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Ah, am I to understand that you all be watching at home or is this what you guys bring to church?

Local TV in Utah (probably some other areas), Cable / Satellite TV companies which include KBYU in their lineup, and the internet all make it possible for anyone in the world who has one of these resources to stay home and watch GC in their pajamas (or whatever). :) It's a gift to introverts everywhere. ;)

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

roddy-piper-came-here-to-kick-ass-and-ch

"I'm here to chew bubble gum and watch General Conference.  And I'm ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM!"

"Just when you think you have the answers, I change the questions!"-Roddy Piper (That's him isn't it? Sure looks like him. Apologies if it isn't)