Paying for my mission

TilKingdomCome

3 hours ago, TilKingdomCome said:

Thanks guys. One final question, and it seems better to ask it here rather than creating a separate thread: the missionary handbook says that mishies have to shave every day. The thing is my facial hair's so dark that, even though I shave every day, I still have a lot of stubble left. Is this going to get me in trouble with the Mission President or is this rule not really that important?

The rule is to shave daily, not twice. I don't see why it would be an issue if you are shaving and doing a good job of it...

• pam unfeatured this topic
  • 1 year later...

When my son left for his mission it was one of the toughest things I have ever had to go through as a mom. It was very expensive! One thing that helped me was a company called www.tiedyelder.com  Instead of paying for all the expensive ties up front and trying to fit them into his suitcase, I signed up for their Month to month plan that sends out two ties every month for around $28 free shipping. It was nice knowing we didn't have to pack all of them and he was happy with the service.

9 hours ago, momoftheyear said:

When my son left for his mission it was one of the toughest things I have ever had to go through as a mom. It was very expensive! One thing that helped me was a company called www.tiedyelder.com  Instead of paying for all the expensive ties up front and trying to fit them into his suitcase, I signed up for their Month to month plan that sends out two ties every month for around $28 free shipping. It was nice knowing we didn't have to pack all of them and he was happy with the service.

Holy sneaky advertising batman!

My husband has 6 ties.  SIX.  My sons each have TWO - they've had them for at least 3 years!  I don't know a single person on earth that needs two brand new ties every month.  Well, maybe Donald Trump but I don't personally know him.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:53 AM, TilKingdomCome said:

Thanks guys. One final question, and it seems better to ask it here rather than creating a separate thread: the missionary handbook says that mishies have to shave every day. The thing is my facial hair's so dark that, even though I shave every day, I still have a lot of stubble left. Is this going to get me in trouble with the Mission President or is this rule not really that important?

In my mission some missionaries were asked to shave twice a day because of growth.  Depends on the mission president and how it looks - count on at least 1x per day and you may even have to carry around an electric shaver to touch up in the evening if it's out of control.

17 hours ago, momoftheyear said:

But missionaries move around a lot and unpredictably so shipping seems a bad idea! 

14 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

But missionaries move around a lot and unpredictably so shipping seems a bad idea! 

Well, doncha know that missionaries have to have so many ties that you're going to have trouble fitting it in the suitcase?  How else are you gonna have those many ties and not have to get it shipped?  Unless you plan on lugging around 3 giant pieces of luggage, 1 for your clothes and 2 for your ties, everytime you have to move?

50 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Well, doncha know that missionaries have to have so many ties that you're going to have trouble fitting it in the suitcase?  How else are you gonna have those many ties and not have to get it shipped?  Unless you plan on lugging around 3 giant pieces of luggage, 1 for your clothes and 2 for your ties, everytime you have to move?

Really? Lots of ties? My father used like 3 ties for years. I know because the kids bought them.

Ahh. I see. I reread your reply. That would be sarcasm? Next time, hold up a sign! 

Edited by Sunday21

Just now, Sunday21 said:

Really? Lots of ties? My father used like 3 ties for years. I know because the kids bought them.

Your father is not a modern man.  He needs a few lessons from momoftheyear, the arbiter of all things ties.

Just now, Sunday21 said:

Okay! I will set up the lesson. You will have to do this by proxy as Dad is dead. Is your temple recommend current?

We'll have to ask @momoftheyear to see if her temple recommend is current or if she even has one.  Maybe she can bring the ties to the temple for your dad to see.