Sign in to follow this  
pam

Favorite Cookie?

Okay let's hear it...what's your favorite cookie?   I have 2.  Peanut Butter and those shortbread cookies you get in tins during the holidays.  

I don't think I have a favorite cookie, but I do like certain cookies with certain beverages. With coffee I like oatmeal chocolate chip and with tea or hot chocolate I like oatmeal raisin.

M.

Oh, don't have just one or two favorites. Just like I don't have one or two favorite cakes or pies.

Mmmmm, lets see:

Molasses, Oatmeal w/raisins, frosted sugar, chocolate chip, refrigerator ginger cookies.

I love almost every type of cookie!  Some of my favorites are blossoms (peanut butter with hershey's kisses on top), chocolate chip, chocolate-chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, gingersnaps, monster cookies (oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip, m&ms), M&M cookies, no-bake chocolate/oatmeal cookies, frosted sugar, and lots of others.  

5 hours ago, mirkwood said:

These look pretty good...

Uhmm... yeah...

Moving on...

I prefer wafers to cookies.  But I actually like just plain vanilla cookies or peanut butter cookies the best.  But let's not forget the impact that Oreos have made.

Edited by Guest

Oreos, because of the touching and tender flirting scene, in the touching and tender movie Ink.

Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and the Peanut Butter ones from the Girlscouts, because girl scouts!

Chewy warm gooey cookies (or cookie bars), made in a kitchen by someone close to me (or by me, for someone close to me).

MRE Oatmeal cookies, dumped out of the emergency kits and eaten on General Conference weekend, because we went 6 months without needing them. 

Oh, Pam, why did you post this thread?  After reading your post and then with me replying (after midnight sometime?) I had a cookie craving. It was no use. I wasn't falling asleep. So, I turned to my husband and said "I'm hungry for cookies." So, after a little discussion it was decided that chocolate chip sounded yummy. I then went to the kitchen and made a batch. Oh, the deliciousness of it! As, I put the cookie dough on the cookie sheets, eating some of the dough was almost pure heaven. (I know the dangers of eating raw cookie dough, but I choose to ignore it.) I ate two warm-gooey cookies with about 1/3 cup of milk before getting into bed. It was 2 am. Good thing I'm retired and don't need to get up early for work.  

Edited by classylady

55 minutes ago, classylady said:

Oh, Pam, why did you post this thread?  After reading your post and then with me replying (after midnight sometime?) I had a cookie craving. It was no use. I wasn't falling asleep. So, I turned to my husband and said "I'm hungry for cookies." So, after a little discussion it was decided that chocolate chip sounded yummy. I then went to the kitchen and made a batch. Oh, the deliciousness of it! As, I put the cookie dough on the cookie sheets, eating some of the dough was almost pure heaven. (I know the dangers of eating raw cookie dough, but I choose to ignore it.) I ate two warm-gooey cookies with about 1/3 cup of milk before getting into bed. It was 2 am. Good thing I'm retired and don't need to get up early for work.  

Dang! Why did you go into such description... guess where I'm off to now... ugh;)

10 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Dang! Why did you go into such description... guess where I'm off to now... ugh;)

You're going to bake chocolate chip cookies?

While I do have my favorites...I also love oatmeal chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, regular chocolate chip, and and....  are there any other cookies? :)

Oh wait...those sugar cookies with the frosting.  

25 minutes ago, Maureen said:

Since I am now retired (like @classylady) I've been doing more cooking and baking. I found a cookie recipe called "marry me cookies" which are quite delicious - it has both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips.

M.

Now you need to post the recipe. :)

When I worked in an actual office, each Christmas we would get cookies delivered to us from our VP. Cheryl's cookies were so good! I loved their sugar, snickerdoodle, double chocolate and regular chocolate chip cookies.

I also have a weakness for Oreos. I have a difficult time controlling myself around them (which means I get sick from eating too much), but the new Thins are helping me to do better. 

2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

@classylady   I'm up at 0200 every day.  Why aren't you people calling me when there are cookies to be eaten in the middle of the night?!?! 

Next time I'm in the mood to bake cookies at 1 AM I'll give you a call. What's your favorite? ?

2 hours ago, classylady said:

Next time I'm in the mood to bake cookies at 1 AM I'll give you a call. What's your favorite? ?

I don't think you want a police officer showing up at your door at 1 a.m.  

On 10/18/2016 at 1:36 PM, pam said:

Now you need to post the recipe. :)

Here it is:

http://iambaker.net/marry-me-cookies/

It's hard to know what size "medium-sized" is, but I was able to get 40 cookies out of this recipe.

M.

Edited by Maureen

3 hours ago, Maureen said:

Here it is:

http://iambaker.net/marry-me-cookies/

It's hard to know what size "medium-sized" is, but I was able to get 40 cookies out of this recipe.

M.

Awesome. Thanks Maureen.  I saved the recipe to my pinterest board.