I guess I'm just a horrible abusive mother

SALZBURGERMADL

@LiterateParakeet

Yeah! For that bishop! Thanks for sharing. I agree with you on the worthiness and kindness of our leaders. I have a strong testimony that the brethren are not just good and faithful servants but also exceptional husbands and fathers. I greatly admire them. I understand that we live in an imperfect world and the imperfect go to church. We welcome all and this is as it should be. I do want to, on a local level, to have a little bit of "spreading the news", "warning", a few quiet words in young men's and young women's would not go amiss.

Also, Here we go, I am breaking out of the fence here. We need to tell the women in the church, the young women and the new converts about the gender imbalance. If you are trying to buy a house in which there are 100 buyers and I seller, then you have fewer choices and less satisfactory results for buyers than if there are 100 sellers and 1 buyer. If you know about the gender imbalance, you can start making different assumptions. So why cant you find a suitable woman in your stake? This becomes a key question. The young women need to know to plan their lives. Planning to be housewife becomes risky in world in a world in which there are more women than men. Make sure that you can support yourself. It is not enough to plan to be a mommy. You need to be able to earn a dollar to feed that baby.