Lou Dobbs and the Mormon Mafia

Yep - the latest leaked video "scandal" is "surprisingly" short on conspiracies, global power manipulations, nefarious dark deeds planning.  Hardly anything at all about their true reptilian shapeshifting nature, or what they plan to do with the nukes they stole from the Russian submarine.  

The coolest video has the dirt on farmland owned, food storage, and preps for various disasters, and even that is pretty darn dry.   The phrase "zombie uprising" isn't even used.

4 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

I keep telling people that mormons are really not organized enough to have a mafia!

Mormons are the most organized people I know, hands down. Need a moving party? The EQ will set one up in ten minutes. Need spontaneous catering for a week? The RS will have that organized within the hour. When our ward or stake does service for the city or combined with other religious groups, almost invariably people are astounded -- not merely surprised, but almost disbelieving -- at how many people attend and how organized their efforts are.

On a personal level, I am not an organized person. My wife is much more so. But as part of the LDS group, I'm a functional cog in an amazing machine. If Latter-day Saints really wanted to do some Mafia-type stuff, I'm sure we would organize with frightening efficiency. (But then, the Spirit would not be with us in any such enterprise, and I believe it's the Spirit that is at the root of the Mormon organizational miracle. So maybe it still wouldn't work.)

Guest MormonGator
4 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Has anyone ever read the Sherlock Holmes story, "A study in scarlett"? This accuses mormons of some outrageous things. I also read a supposidly "true" biography from the same period of time, that claimed mormon women were downtrodden and frightened and...wearing boring high necked gray dresses. Sound familiar? I notice female missionaries are now asked to wear more vivid colors!

I keep telling people that mormons are really not organized enough to have a mafia! I can't even get people to read the class manual!

I read somewhere that Doyle really regretted how he portrayed Mormons, for what it's worth. 

4 hours ago, Vort said:

Mormons are the most organized people I know, hands down. Need a moving party? The EQ will set one up in ten minutes. Need spontaneous catering for a week? The RS will have that organized within the hour. When our ward or stake does service for the city or combined with other religious groups, almost invariably people are astounded -- not merely surprised, but almost disbelieving -- at how many people attend and how organized their efforts are.

On a personal level, I am not an organized person. My wife is much more so. But as part of the LDS group, I'm a functional cog in an amazing machine. If Latter-day Saints really wanted to do some Mafia-type stuff, I'm sure we would organize with frightening efficiency. (But then, the Spirit would not be with us in any such enterprise, and I believe it's the Spirit that is at the root of the Mormon organizational miracle. So maybe it still wouldn't work.)

Clearly we need some of you US Mormons up here! Glad to hear you guys have it figured out.

Edited by Sunday21

9 hours ago, Traveler said:

Just thought I would respond a little here.  I worked for a time for the Anti-Submarine Warfare division of the Defense department.  There was a novel written titled “Hunt for Red October” that was written during this time of my life.  This novel interestingly is borderline violations of misuse of classified information.  The Russians did lose (sunk accidently?) a secret nuclear submarine.  Part of the official line that was covered in the news services was that Mr. Hughes had a research vessel in the vicinity at the time that attempted to help the Russians find and recover nuclear warheads from the sub.  The effort was supposedly fruitless.

There were published “rumors” that Mr. Hughes’s research vessel was cover for the CIA that was working in concert with the government Defense department.   A side note for those of you that are not aware – Social Security funds are used by the Government to fund classified operations – including the development and purchase of equipment and these expenditures are not subject to the Truth of Information Act nor congressional oversite.  In short there are things going on inside of government that are kept “secret” from very informed sources inside our government.

There are some individuals – that should know better – that think that the whole incident with the lost Russian sub was a cover-up of a very secret Mormon entity getting control of nuclear weapons.  The problem is that providing information to prove Mormons do not have a nuclear weapon would violate security protocol – so the partly informed is free to make any accusation they wish and there is not much anyone can do about it.  I sometimes wonder if some obviously absurd accusations of Mormons or deep space aliens or such things are not deliberate rumors by those that know the truth.

The Traveler

Clancy himself claims the inspiration for the work was the report of a mutiny aboard a Russian warship in the 1970s, the Storozhevoy.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_frigate_Storozhevoy

The political officer on board the ship was frustrated with the level of corruption in the Soviet system during the period, and so convinced the enlisted men and several of the junior officers to join him in a mutiny. The plan was to sail the ship as planned during an upcoming fleet maneuver, then divert to park the ship in a symbolic location and broadcast a message for reform. 

Unfortunately, one of the officers who claimed to support him only did so as a means of avoiding confinement during the mutiny. Once no one was paying attention, he slipped ashore and alerted the authorities. 

Hello Everyone, 

I am am hoping to find some clarification from my friends here.

The Mormon Mafia. I understand it's relation to the church. What I don't understand is how it's being tagged to a certain political candidate.

Can anyone advise?

Guest MormonGator
43 minutes ago, StrawberryFields said:

Hello Everyone, 

I am am hoping to find some clarification from my friends here.

The Mormon Mafia. I understand it's relation to the church. What I don't understand is how it's being tagged to a certain political candidate.

Can anyone advise?

It's a pejorative that people who are anti-LDS use. They'll say "Oh, the Mormon Mafia convinced Evan McMullin to run" They use the term "Mormon Mafia" as an insult to group all of us together. 

20 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

It's a pejorative that people who are anti-LDS use. They'll say "Oh, the Mormon Mafia convinced Evan McMullin to run" They use the term "Mormon Mafia" as an insult to group all of us together. 

Eee Gads! It's worse than I first thought! 

On 11/6/2016 at 10:24 AM, MormonGator said:

PEJORATIVE!!!  I've been trying to remember that word for a week now.  It seems to have just dropped from my brain.  And I just couldn't find it in a thesaurus.

Thank you.

• pam unfeatured this topic