ElderH

President Hinckley's father's response when President Hinckley wanted to come home from the mission, or he wasn't very happy, "Forget yourself and go to work." That is full commitment.

Preach my Gospel I assume would have something regarding our commitment to serve the Lord.

Guest MormonGator
29 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

President Hinckley's father's response when President Hinckley wanted to come home from the mission, or he wasn't very happy, "Forget yourself and go to work." That is full commitment.

Preach my Gospel I assume would have something regarding our commitment to serve the Lord.

Great advice @Anddenex

A pig and a chicken were on a walk together one day when they came across a group of poor people from a faraway country on a religious pilgrimage.  The pig and chicken noticed that they did not have much to eat for breakfast when the chicken said – why don’t we help out and provide some bacon and eggs for these poor people.  The pig responded – it okay for you to say that because for you it would only be a contribution but for me it would be a total commitment.

The Traveler