YSA Female, recently endowed, should I talk to bishop.

K8themormon

I'm a convert to the church and got endowed just over 2 months ago. The temple and the covenants I made there are super important to me, I live really close to two temples and go do at least one session every week. Since my endowment I have felt the temptations I face deminish and I feel like I can endure so much more. However, recently I did slip and give way to temptation and broke the law of chastity (alone). I felt guilt immediately and have prayed for forgiveness and strength. I NEVER want to feel this low again, my resolve has strengthened and am confident that I will not succumb to this temptation again. 

Is this something that I need to talk to my bishop about if it is an isolated event? 

How do I approach this topic with my bishop if I do need to talk to him? 

I did not find the answer on lds.org. When I returned to the church I posted pictures of Jesus everywhere in my room. Excellent solution! Maybe @The Folk Prophet Can tell us. He seems to know everything. In any case, in lieu of another solution try 'cease and desist' if the spirit bothers you, off you go to the bishop. Try writing a note and handing it to him!

Around here the answer to the Question of "Is this something I should talk to my Bishop about?" 

Is

"That would be a good question to ask your Bishop"

Why because we are not authoritative.  We have no stewardship over you so we have no right to spiritual insights on your behalf.    You bishop has all that and can give you the authoritative answer that will bring peace.  We can't do that here.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:05 PM, K8themormon said:

Is this something that I need to talk to my bishop about if it is an isolated event? 

I don't think so, BUT i'm not your Bishop and I do not have stewardship over you. If you think that you should speak with your bishop then you should do so, DO NOT ask us internet commandos because the opinions will vary.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:05 PM, K8themormon said:

How do I approach this topic with my bishop if I do need to talk to him? 

Call the executive secretary and make an appointment.  Don't beat around the topic just lay it out and he will advise you....

Go ahead and make the appointment through the executive secretary.  All he needs to know is if it is about a temple recommend or "other".  "Other" can mean anything.  Literally anything else.

When you see the bishop, just tell him and ask him what he thinks.  

Depending on you, your words, the bishop, the Spiritual inclinations of either of you, he'll advise you the best he can.  Some bishops will say,"Ok.  Thank you," and let you be on your merry way.  Others will say some things to discuss the matter, then let you be on your merry way.  Some few will do something more in depth (which will vary from bishop to bishop).

In your position, I would ask the bishop in private, "Bishop, is masturbation a sin that a Saint should confess to you?"

The likely response would be something like, "If it's an ongoing thing or something that worries her, she should talk to me about it."