pam

What are you OCD about?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

Okay, okay. I was going to carry this secret to my grave, but you’ve forced it out of me. You, you, you, only you, always you, eternally YOU, are my secret obsession. You have been from the moment I read your first post on this site. And as for my compulsive behaviour? It’s reading and re-reading, all day, every day, every word, every sentence, yes, even every letter, of the precious pearls of purity that flow through the electrons leading from your computer to mine.

Sorry, Pam, I've always known that you held secret hopes in your heart, your feelings were not a secret to me, but it could never be. I just have this thing for single elderly American women with a passion for science and Russian literature. While you tick most of those boxes, you just don’t quite measure up when it comes to Russian literature.

As for the “problem” of obsessing over one of Gator’s wives, well I’m not worried about that at all. I mean, you know, well, he’s only a gator – nothing more than a pair of future alligator skin boots. And it’s a long way from Florida to Australia, so I’ve got nothing to worry about. Besides, Gator being the excellent bloke that he is, I’m sure he has no problem with sharing.

Elderly!?  Elderly!?  Did he say elderly!?  I'm like 15 years away from senior citizen prices at IHOP! 

I have friends down under, you know.  Programmer friends.  With access to government files.  Now all I need is @pam's help to get your IP address, and you'll see pure electrons, buster!

Man, some people's kids! :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zil said:

Elderly!?  Elderly!?  Did he say elderly!?  I'm like 15 years away from senior citizen prices at IHOP! 

I have friends down under, you know.  Programmer friends.  With access to government files.  Now all I need is @pam's help to get your IP address, and you'll see pure electrons, buster!

Man, some people's kids! :eek:

You have to be 90 before you get senior citizen prices at IHOP?!

and you'll see pure electrons, buster!

But Zil, this is wonderful! Does this mean that you too feel the sparks and sparkles between us?

Edited by askandanswer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm OCD about the color of my hangers that I put my clothes on. Blue clothing goes on blue hangers, etc.

After someone else has loaded the dishwasher I have to change it around to the way I load it.

I will refold towels if they're not folded a certain way.

I will change the toilet paper to be "over" instead of "under", even when I'm visiting someone's home.  Haha. That may have angered a person or two.  I can see a wife or husband telling their spouse: "I've told you a thousand times I like the toilet paper under!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, askandanswer said:

You have to be 90 before you get senior citizen prices at IHOP?!

and you'll see pure electrons, buster!

But Zil, this is wonderful! Does this mean that you too feel the sparks and sparkles between us?

Dude, you are seriously disturbed.  All that time spent upside down at the bottom of the world has messed up your brain.  Clearly I'm going to have to consult with @Just_A_Guy about the process for e-restraining orders...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, classylady said:

I'm OCD about the color of my hangers that I put my clothes on. Blue clothing goes on blue hangers, etc.

After someone else has loaded the dishwasher I have to change it around to the way I load it.

I will refold towels if they're not folded a certain way.

I will change the toilet paper to be "over" instead of "under", even when I'm visiting someone's home.  Haha. That may have angered a person or two.  I can see a wife or husband telling their spouse: "I've told you a thousand times I like the toilet paper under!"

I'm the same way. If the towels aren't folded a certain way, or the dishwasher loaded the right way, I'm compelled to make my wife do it again so they're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, mordorbund said:

I'm the same way. If the towels aren't folded a certain way, or the dishwasher loaded the right way, I'm compelled to make my wife do it again so they're right.

And she's compelled to tell you that if you want it that way, then do it yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zil said:

Dude, you are seriously disturbed.  All that time spent upside down at the bottom of the world has messed up your brain.  Clearly I'm going to have to consult with @Just_A_Guy about the process for e-restraining orders...

Sigh L Once again, the one and only candle in my life is inexplicably and thoughtlessly extinguished and like Moroni, “ I even remain alone (Mormon 8:3). I guess I better just sadly slink back to my all-too-familiar dark and dingy hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

Sigh L Once again, the one and only candle in my life is inexplicably and thoughtlessly extinguished and like Moroni, “ I even remain alone (Mormon 8:3). I guess I better just sadly slink back to my all-too-familiar dark and dingy hole.

Awww, poor stalker.

Edited by zil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

On my TV and radio where volume level is represented by number, I have to land on either an even number or a prime number or I get all twitchy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eowyn said:

On my TV and radio where volume level is represented by number, I have to land on either an even number or a prime number or I get all twitchy. 

I'm the same way except it has to be an odd number or a multiple of five. Really weird, but I'm getting better about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
50 minutes ago, Larry Cotrell said:

I'm the same way except it has to be an odd number or a multiple of five. Really weird, but I'm getting better about it.

Multiples of 5 are acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 11:03 AM, zil said:

Elderly!?  Elderly!?  Did he say elderly!?  I'm like 15 years away from senior citizen prices at IHOP! 

 

 

8 hours ago, zil said:

 

PS: For the sake if those of us with old eyes, is there any way I can convince you to leave your posts in the default black text (or at least choose a darker, more muted shade), and save the bright colors for emphasis?  (It was rather difficult for me to read all that bright red.)  If not, I won't complain again, just asking a favor. :)

I’m always willing to accommodate the requests of the deserving elderly.

 Is it just the eyes that are old or is it the whole package?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, pam said:

Seriously.  Many people do have problems reading type in the color red.

What's red?:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love late night driving to and from vacation destinations.  We almost never travel during regular daylight hours.  I hate hate HATE traffic..  I'm OCD about late night driving.  I can almost come to terms with not actually being alone on the road, but I like the illusion of at least FEELING like I have the road to myself.  SoOOOooo... If you happen to be sharing the road with me at 3 a.m. and you choose to go slightly faster than me and I see your headlights gradually approaching me from behind for the last 20 minutes, please take the hint and pass me when you reach my tailgate... Especially if it's a straightaway and I've slowed to 5 mph below the speed limit and there's nobody in the oncoming lane for as far as we can see...  Please take the hint.

Please DON'T tailgate me for the next 20 minutes because you're feeling lonely or something...  If you do, I'm liable to pull over and wait until I see only your tail lights in the distance before I resume driving again.  These types of situations feel more like "aggressive driving" to me than if you'd blared your horn at me and excellerated angrily around me going 20 mph faster than me.  Frankly, it feels kinda like stalking...  Please... Just leave me the fetch alone!  Ok?  Thx. :)

Edited by theSQUIDSTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now