Ok everyone - you need to denounce white supremacists.

NeuroTypical

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/2016/11/hail-trump-hail-our-people-hail-victory.html

"Whatever your views of President-Elect Donald J. Trump, these people ought to be encouraged to go back under the rock from which they’ve recently been emboldened to crawl." - Daniel Peterson.

Fair enough.  I agree. 

White supremacists and neo-nazis, for my entire lifetime, have been this tiny group of universally despised creeps. Never taken seriously. Swore at by my WWII vet dad (who swore at just about everybody). Their only positive impact in my life was to help me define my views of the first amendment - yeah, can't beat 'em up for marching in that parade. (Oh - the other impact was the internet rule that you couldn't call someone hitler until page three of the thread.)

Now, for whatever reason, they're all excited that Trump won. The media is focusing on them. They do indeed need to be rejected and shamed back under their rocks.

Time to slactivize, internet people. Everyone go on record for despising and rejecting white supremacists and neo-nazis! You can do that without buying into any media narratives about Breitbart.

People on the right, now may be a good time to remind people on the left about a guy named Senator Joseph McCarthy, and how lefties all hate him for his witch-hunting - accusing people of being communists and whatnot.

Guest Godless

Over the last 10 days, Donald Trump has dedicated roughly a dozen tweets to whining about Hamilton, SNL, and the NYT, and exactly zero to addressing the rise in White Nationalist displays of support. If you want to denounce racists and Nazis, how about you start at the top?

Maybe you're unaware Godless, but Trump has made national and international news publicly denouncing these people.  If you were aware, any particular reason you're ignoring all that and just looking at his twitter account? 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-disavow-groups-new-york-times/index.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38069469

And just to make a clear point - I don't see you denouncing any white supremacists anywhere.  Care to correct the record?

1 hour ago, Godless said:

Over the last 10 days, Donald Trump has dedicated roughly a dozen tweets to whining about Hamilton, SNL, and the NYT, and exactly zero to addressing the rise in White Nationalist displays of support. If you want to denounce racists and Nazis, how about you start at the top?

He has condemned the Alt-Right

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/307142-trump-spokesman-denounces-alt-right-meeting-in-washington

Edited by Windseeker

50 minutes ago, Godless said:

Sigh.  He has repeatedly rebuked, denounced, distanced himself from all these idiots when the media kept on giving these extremists a platform.  Why would you want him to give these idiots a platform???  If I was the one running for President, I'm not even going to honor these idiots with a National mention except one time to state my unequivocal position.  Yet, the media keeps on giving these idiots a voice on the Public Square.

Here.  Watch this video.  Trump over the course of the campaign repeatedly rebuking, denouncing, distancing himself from white supremacists when the media spotlights them. 

And, after Bannon got appointed, the media spotlights the White Supremacists again.  Trump told them again he doesn't want to be associated with that group.  So, how many times exactly does he have to do this to satisfy you???

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801126093776449537

Edited by anatess2

Windseeker and anatess2, I'd like to also extend the invitation to you both, to publicly and clearly denounce white supremacists and neo-nazis.

I realize it probably seems like something everyone just assumes about folks, but that's no longer the case, as Godless and CNN keep making clear.  So get on the public record!

21 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Windseeker and anatess2, I'd like to also extend the invitation to you both, to publicly and clearly denounce white supremacists and neo-nazis.

I realize it probably seems like something everyone just assumes about folks, but that's no longer the case, as Godless and CNN keep making clear.  So get on the public record!

Well, as I'm brown, I don't need to.  If you haven't noticed, only White People can be racists and neo-nazis.  They're the only ones that need to publicly denounce it.  Black or Brown or Yellow ones can say the most racist things and not have to worry about it.    ;)

I denounce white supremacists and neo-nazis. I also denounce paleo-nazis.

I denounce those who disrespect property rights and who deface and destroy other's property.

I denounce Presidents who seek to circumvent the Constitution via executive orders and members of Congress who have illegitimately ceded their responsibility through legislation.

Like @NeuroTypical, I neither voted for Trump nor Clinton, so who knows how meaningful these statements are.

2 hours ago, Godless said:

Sorry...but this is a dirty trick. Once Prez-Elect Trump denounces racists the left says he's "apologized" for his own--that their attempts at guilt-by-association were valid. The Hamilton gang were hypocrites in the classic sense of acting. As they pretended to be founding fathers during the play, they attempted to play at being political activists afterwards. Turns out many of them haven't bothered to vote in many years. As for the NYT et. al., they've earned their 30% trust rating (it was 72% during Watergate).  Those who oppose Trump will find ways to criticize anything he does. He does not owe them the satisfaction of a response to demands that he proves he's not whatever.

41 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Love the racist, hate the racism.

24 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Well, as I'm brown, I don't need to.  If you haven't noticed, only White People can be racists and neo-nazis.  They're the only ones that need to publicly denounce it.  Black or Brown or Yellow ones can say the most racist things and not have to worry about it.    ;)

Brown isn't a race.  You're white.  :-)

8 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

Do you renounce your own history with cold feet?

I wish. I have cold feet 6 months out of the year, including right now. But I can't renounce my feet. I need them.

Guest MormonGator
12 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

I wish. I have cold feet 6 months out of the year, including right now. But I can't renounce my feet. I need them.

@LadyGator and I were talking about that last night. It went down to the low 50's and we were in sweatshirts, flannels and freezing to death!  I renounce any temperature under 60!!!! 

22 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

Brown isn't a race.  You're white.  :-)

I eat white rice.  Didn't make me white.  I use Colgate Whitening.  Still didn't make me white.  Tide Ultra.  Nope.  If you would've told me a lot sooner that all I need is for PC to declare me white, I'd have been your friend eons ago.  ;)

Now... how do I get a white biological child?

I denounce anyone that judges a person's worth by skin color or sex.

This includes all groups and individuals, who have such attitudes, and is not limited to just the white supermacist/neo-nazis organizations

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

I denounce anyone that judges a person's worth by skin color or sex.

This includes all groups and individuals, who have such attitudes, and is not limited to just the white supermacist/neo-nazis organizations

Totally agree with this. 

My personal view is that people who enable racism by looking the other way or downplaying it are worse than actual racists. 99% of racism is condemned all around by good and decent people. It's the enablers that are the problem. And yes, of course whites, blacks, asians, hispanics and anyone can be racist. Racism is not restricted to white people. 

Edited by MormonGator

25 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I eat white rice.  Didn't make me white.  I use Colgate Whitening.  Still didn't make me white.  Tide Ultra.  Nope.  If you would've told me a lot sooner that all I need is for PC to declare me white, I'd have been your friend eons ago.  ;)

Now... how do I get a white biological child?

Do you work with software? Then you're white.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic