Ok everyone - you need to denounce white supremacists.

NeuroTypical

12 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

No shame in falling for it - it's very professionally done.  Just a tiny titch away from what we actually see from MSNBC.

THIS.

This is the Kekistani movement.  If you can separate truth from satire, real from fake, you're a citizen of Kekistan.  Yes, I failed my citizenship test.  I don't think I'll ever get it.  But, hey, I tell my kids all the time, at least your mom at least know what Kekistan is... 

Welcome to generation Z.  The people who are developing extremely high levels of critical thinking required to be Kekistanis.  They're not gonna just fall for Fake  News...

Edited by anatess2

33 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

No shame in falling for it - it's very professionally done.  Just a tiny titch away from what we actually see from MSNBC.

They got me, for sure.  I'll take a hit for being gullible, but I also think it's fair to say there's a reason it was easy...

Okay, I do not get this Kekistan thing.  What exactly is it.  IS it some white supremacist group?  It says it's part of the Alt-Right, and other things in that regards, but I'm not clear exactly what it is.

Origins say it's from the World of Warcraft Clans where LOL was utilized as KEK at one point, and from there devolved into usage by gamers in the Alt Right with references to the white supremacists?  Or I also got something that says it is used by white supremecists to refer to posters and others who they feel are saying things that are nonsense (Actually, stronger wording was used, but is unacceptable here at those sites I got the information from).

In the context of the conversation I've read above, I think my understanding is highly flawed, but I don't get a clear explanation of what exactly this thing is...

Edited by JohnsonJones

On 6/22/2017 at 9:52 PM, JohnsonJones said:

Okay, I do not get this Kekistan thing.  What exactly is it.  IS it some white supremacist group?  It says it's part of the Alt-Right, and other things in that regards, but I'm not clear exactly what it is.

Origins say it's from the World of Warcraft Clans where LOL was utilized as KEK at one point, and from there devolved into usage by gamers in the Alt Right with references to the white supremacists?  Or I also got something that says it is used by white supremecists to refer to posters and others who they feel are saying things that are nonsense (Actually, stronger wording was used, but is unacceptable here at those sites I got the information from).

In the context of the conversation I've read above, I think my understanding is highly flawed, but I don't get a clear explanation of what exactly this thing is...

OK. 

I've been accepted as a full-on ethnic Kekistani. 

I have their trust enough that they've let me in to their number. 

I'm saying this now.

No, Kekistan is *not* an alt-right group. In fact, a lot of your key figures in the Kekistan movement, like YouTube host Carl Benjamin, *hate* the alt right. 

So why the label? It's easier for the "progressive" movement to label anyone who is an "other" than it is for them to deal with matters directly. It's the same reason why my critique of Obama's tax policies resulted in my being denounced as a "racist"; the people I was talking to found it easier to smear me than engage me. 

In real life, Kekistan is a loose coalition of people who have grown tired of "progressive" politics and the ever-increasing amounts of racist, sexist, and even violent behavior that the "left" is demonstrating and the censorship of opposing views that comes along with it. Because it's a loose coalition, you'll see people from across the political spectrum under the banner, the spectrum going from "moderate" to "Reaganite". Most actual Kekistanis hate racism, sexism, and whatnot, but at the same time aren't afraid to call out situations where the hard facts are painting unpleasant pictures of different groups and situations where elements of modern life are regarded as being nonsensical. 

Yes, Kekistan includes people who post for "shock" and who could be classed as "trolls". But they're not the norm for the group. And as shocking as it may seem, a lot of the groups Kekistan stands opposed to are worse, both in behavior and in what they mean for society.