Hello Peeps!!

robrog8999

Hello all!

Just joined the page a few day's ago and decided i'd give a quick, short introduction of myself!

You can see some about me on my profile page as well.

I am laid back and I love to meet new people. I've come here to do just that and to interact with all of you on the message boards. I enjoy meeting new people of different backgrounds, faiths and customs. I get along with just about everyone and hope to meet a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures.

I am also here looking to strengthen my testimony of the Church and to learn more things. Always looking to expand my understand of the Scriptures, as well as Gospel Principles.

I am not officially a member of the Church, as i've never been baptised. But i am meeting with Missionaries at the moment and actually have been on and off for the last few years. I hope to FINALLY get baptised and become a full member of the Church within the next few weeks. As I beleive in the Church and have a strong desire to preach and teach others about it.

I love camping, hiking, taking walks. Traveling and seeing/doing new places/things. I enjoy writing, reading and scripture study. I also enjoy debating with people when I feel passionate about a subject. And helping other's to understand things from other perspectives. Anyway , before i drag this on to long.. I just wanted to say hello, nice to meet you all and i look forward to interacting with all of you on here. And getting to meet many of you (hopefully!) and feel free to drop me a comment, or message me at any time! I am also on Facebook, with a link to my page in my profile. Feel free to add me on FB!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and May God Bless you all!!

Welcome, @robrog8999!  It's great to have you here!  And exciting to meet someone who is learning about the Church.  It occurs to me that when new people join, those of us who welcome them should say a little about ourselves too (like @NeedleinA has), to help the newbie get to know us faster.  In that vein, I'm the local fountain pen geek. :)

PS: For the sake if those of us with old eyes, is there any way I can convince you to leave your posts in the default black text (or at least choose a darker, more muted shade), and save the bright colors for emphasis?  (It was rather difficult for me to read all that bright red.)  If not, I won't complain again, just asking a favor. :)

Guest MormonGator
29 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Howdy! 

Computer/Ecology/D&D/Math/Religion geek here!

you like d&d? @Jane_Doe that is so geeky of you. 
@unixknight and @mirkwood isn't @Jane_Doe a geek for liking D&D? 

(totally teasing @Jane_Doe! I've been playing Baldurs Gate II all my way down to Sarasota this weekend!)

Edited by MormonGator

13 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

you like d&d? @Jane_Doe that is so geeky of you. 
@unixknight and @mirkwood isn't @Jane_Doe a geek for liking D&D? 

(totally teasing @Jane_Doe! I've been playing Baldurs Gate II all my way down to Sarasota this weekend!)

Why in the world would I take offense to that?  Or to be calling a geek-- tis only a truthful compliment!  (And I just found a bunch of players for our new campaign by posting on the Insistute page)

Ten of us were playing basketball one night.  We typically shot free throws to pick teams.  Five of us wanted to be on the same team.  I said, "everyone who knows what Heward's Handy Haversack is join my team."  Yep...there were five of us.  The other 5 just stared at us...

@Jane_Doe @MormonGator @unixknight

• 2 months later...