Christmas Queen

beefche

I always loved Queen. Bohemian Rhapsody was also a fun thing for my brother and me to argue with our parents about - they thought it was a silly and pointless song and couldn't understand why we liked it so much. Also the line "Spare him his life from this monstrosity" my father misheard as "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah sau-sa-ges" and would ask "why is he singing about sausages?" I'd tell him the correct lyric and he'd say "Sounds like sausages to me!"

(To be fair though, this was long before the days of CD's, and I used to listen to my Queen LPs on a not-very-expensive record player, and some lyrics were hard to make out. And to be uber-fair, I'm just as annoying to my daughter about her music!)

My claim to fame: I went to the same high school as John Deacon. Not at the same time of course - he'd left by the time I arrived - but I still walked the same corridors and sat in the same classrooms and was taught by some of the same teachers as he was a few years earlier!

Edited by Jamie123