I need a really special gift

and I'm not a great gift-giver. 

My oldest sister, who I adore, has been an angel to me and my siblings during a strangely difficult year this year. For me personally, she's helped me through crisis and recently gave me a job that's been a blessing in so many ways. 

I'd love to give her something really special for Christmas, but I don't know what. 

Also it can't be too expensive and I'd have to be able to get it locally. 

That's not asking too much, is it? Ideas? 

Do you knit or crochet? A nice afghan would be great.

What about a favorite picture of the family or of your parents that you can place in a nice frame? Or have the picture painted onto a nice canvas?

How about having someone you know draw a short cartoon and you caption it? Make it about her and how she is a superhero for her help to you? 

A coupon thing to watch her kids while she has a day alone? or clean her house? make her dinner for a week? or put family recipes in a book with anecdotal stories about grandma's cookie recipe?

If we know some of her interests maybe we can offer more.

She is a voracious reader. I'd love to find her a beautiful book, but I haven't left myself much time. 

She's one of those people who does everything extremely well. Gourmet chef, amazing seamstress, she crochets, makes jewelry, she's a savvy businesswoman, beautiful style. Most amazing ability of anyone I know to love and nurture everyone around her. She's also old enough to be my mother so we're in different stages. She's a grandma now. :)  She's financially in a good place, and doesn't like extra "stuff", so it makes it hard to get her anything. She's appreciative but ultimately doesn't keep things around.

I love the cartoon idea. I happen to have an in-house artist that's perfect for the job. :) 

11 hours ago, Eowyn said:

and I'm not a great gift-giver. 

My oldest sister, who I adore, has been an angel to me and my siblings during a strangely difficult year this year. For me personally, she's helped me through crisis and recently gave me a job that's been a blessing in so many ways. 

I'd love to give her something really special for Christmas, but I don't know what. 

Also it can't be too expensive and I'd have to be able to get it locally. 

That's not asking too much, is it? Ideas? 

Paint a Christmas tree ornament that fits the role she has played in your life.  Perhaps an angel?

I just purchased a little guardian angel figurine at Deseret Book for my SIL.  Everyone needs a reminder that someone is watching out for them.

https://deseretbook.com/p/angel-caring-figurine-willow-tree-76213?variant_id=22362-resin

For books, I love the old binding style classics at Barnes and Noble.

Edited by bytebear