Lawyers in Texas?

zil

Nope, sorry, no lawyer jokes.  I don't know anyone in real life in Texas of whom I can ask this question, so I thought I'd ask here.  Moderators, if it violates some rules, please delete...

Does anyone know of a good lawyer in Texas (specifically one who knows something about leasing mineral rights)?  (I really don't want to roll the dice on something like this.)

Please PM me if you do. Thanks!

(PS: Lawyer jokes are also OK by me, with pre-apologies to JAG.)

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, zil said:

And Mormons have the best Mormon jokes. :)

Most do. Of course like in every religion/walk of life you'll meet those who lack a sense of humor and take themselves way too seriously. 

1 hour ago, zil said:

Nope, sorry, no lawyer jokes.  I don't know anyone in real life in Texas of whom I can ask this question, so I thought I'd ask here.  Moderators, if it violates some rules, please delete...

Does anyone know of a good lawyer in Texas (specifically one who knows something about leasing mineral rights)?  (I really don't want to roll the dice on something like this.)

Please PM me if you do. Thanks!

(PS: Lawyer jokes are also OK by me, with pre-apologies to JAG.)

No need for a PM.  I swear by this guy, and I really don't understand why some people don't:

6 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

No need for a PM.  I swear by this guy, and I really don't understand why some people don't:

Yeah, I'll add him to my contact list under "don't blow".  But somehow, I don't think he's the right one for reviewing contracts leasing mineral rights... :huh:

Speaking of blow...  Do you know why Oklahoma is so windy?  Because Texas sucks and / or Kansas blows - depending on which state(s) you wish to offend.  Of course, if you're a Texan, Texas is windy because Oklahoma blows.  And if you like Kansas, it's windy because Oklahoma sucks....  (It's an easily adapted insult, "windy" and a neighbor being the only requirements.)

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

I've noticed that it's lawyers themselves who have the best lawyer jokes. Speaks well on them for not being so thin skinned and babyish. 

True. When I was growing up, our stake president was a lawyer (and also the nephew of Bruce R. McConkie). He loved telling lawyer jokes almost as much as telling stories about "Uncle Bruce".

On 10/3/2016 at 9:43 AM, UtahTexan said:

Last night, Elder U gave a talk during the Priesthood session.  He discussed a person named "David".  Well, if you heard that, you heard about my conversion story.  I am the "David" he was talking about.  He told my story (with my permission, of course)

During the last General Conference, in his talk during the Priesthood session about learning from Alma and Amulek, Elder Uchtdorf made mention of a lawyer who  is "now a partner in a law firm—a prestigious job." This person identified himself as UtahTexan, a member of this forum. 

28 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

During the last General Conference, in his talk during the Priesthood session about learning from Alma and Amulek, Elder Uchtdorf made mention of a lawyer who  is "now a partner in a law firm—a prestigious job." This person identified himself as UtahTexan, a member of this forum.

Thanks - good memory!  I haven't seen him around, but I'll PM him and see if he has suggestions.

6 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

As an actual Texan, I'd suggest talking to the state bar association or another such entity to see if any such lawyers are recommended for or against. 

Thanks, Ironhold.  Didn't know that was an option.  On the site now, searching for relevant lawyers...  I don't see anything like recommendations for / against, but they do have areas of practice, and there's a fair probability I'm related to one of them...  And there's one name I know for sure (and know to avoid).

Anywho, thanks for the reference - it'll be a useful tool.

I am also an actual Texan.  Further, I am an actual Texas attorney.

As to Wilson and Adler, never lost a trial to anyone in either firm.  And I rarely trust attorneys who call themselves names...lol.

They are both decent attorneys, though.  Not sure if Bailey & Galyen still do that kind of law, but they are an awesome firm...(I used to be a managing attorney there....)

There.  You have three possibilities, depending on if any of the three do that kind of law.  I am not certain.  If you need more info, let me know.

13 minutes ago, UtahTexan said:

Not sure if Bailey & Galyen still do that kind of law, but they are an awesome firm...(I used to be a managing attorney there....)

These guys do the relevant type of law.  I'll speak with family and see what everyone wants to do.  Thanks!

I just want to make sure I understand you correctly Zil. You're looking for someone who is prepared to admit that a) they are Texan, and B) they are a lawyer? I admire your optimism. I suppose there are such people, but I'm concerned that you would want to meet one of them.