New Year's Eve plans?

pam

I have a hard time celebrating this one.  It seems to me to be little more than a celebration of excessive alcohol drinking and behaving badly.  Maybe I am just grumpy because Christmas is over...

Edited by DoctorLemon

It's gonna be a normal Saturday night for us. Honey has to work late and then he'll likely abandon me to play with his new Christmas present (his super fast computer). I'll probably see if I can find something on Netflix and then watch the ball drop. I do plan on making guac and gorging on that. I love homemade guacamole! 

13 minutes ago, Godless said:

Our owner thought it would be a good idea for a beer bar 20 minutes away from downtown that doesn't serve liquor to throw a NYE party, so I'll be "working".

My company shuts down 1/2 of our systems on the last business day of the year. I saved all my word document stuff for yesterday, but still I had about 4 hrs of absolutely nothing to do. I do mean nothing....since I work from home, I cleaned bathrooms, did the dishes, took out the trash, talked to my dad for 40 min, etc. If I worked in an office, I probably would have just read a book or something. 

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Backroads said:

I dated a guy who made the best guacamole. "Canadian" guacamole, he said. Should have married him for that stuff.

I know what you mean. I almost married a woman because we both drank the same type of pretentious sparkling water.