pam

New Year's Eve plans?

What do you have planned to celebrate New Year's Eve?

For me it will probably be Chinese take out, pajamas, movies and sewing. :)  Exciting huh?

I have a hard time celebrating this one.  It seems to me to be little more than a celebration of excessive alcohol drinking and behaving badly.  Maybe I am just grumpy because Christmas is over...

Edited by DoctorLemon

Guest LiterateParakeet

I love the games with friends/family idea.  I have to work (graveyard) you might have guessed, LOL.  So I'll likely sleep through most of it.  

It's gonna be a normal Saturday night for us. Honey has to work late and then he'll likely abandon me to play with his new Christmas present (his super fast computer). I'll probably see if I can find something on Netflix and then watch the ball drop. I do plan on making guac and gorging on that. I love homemade guacamole! 

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, beefche said:

. I love homemade guacamole! 

Can you make me some? I love guacamole! 

13 minutes ago, Godless said:

Our owner thought it would be a good idea for a beer bar 20 minutes away from downtown that doesn't serve liquor to throw a NYE party, so I'll be "working".

My company shuts down 1/2 of our systems on the last business day of the year. I saved all my word document stuff for yesterday, but still I had about 4 hrs of absolutely nothing to do. I do mean nothing....since I work from home, I cleaned bathrooms, did the dishes, took out the trash, talked to my dad for 40 min, etc. If I worked in an office, I probably would have just read a book or something. 

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Backroads said:

I dated a guy who made the best guacamole. "Canadian" guacamole, he said. Should have married him for that stuff.

I know what you mean. I almost married a woman because we both drank the same type of pretentious sparkling water. 

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, beefche said:

Come on over, @Sunday21 and @MormonGator. Gator, you only live about a 16 hrs drive away....I'll expect you around 3 am or so....

lol! Be sure to wait up!