Trying to find a seminary video!

juju26

Maybe someone can help me figure out what this video is... I remember it from when I was in seminary about 15 years ago. I'm guessing it was during Doctrine and Covenants. I remember it showed Joseph Smith as a teen walking out of the grove, or in a field, and he was walking with his hands running through tall blades of grass, and then it flashed forward to show what the church had grown into... youth at temple square, youth meeting President Hinckley. I think Joseph may have just been kicked out of that preacher's wagon after Joseph told him about the first vision. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or where I can find it? I've never been able to figure it out. Thanks!

This one does the Joseph Smith stuff you're describing,. but doesn't flash forward to modern day.

I've been doing some searching here.  And I've found that many of these same scenes were used in many other videos.  So, it may be that you were seeing another video that clipped these scenes into it for a greater focus on the growth of the Church.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Carborendum said:

This one does the Joseph Smith stuff you're describing,. but doesn't flash forward to modern day.

I've been doing some searching here.  And I've found that many of these same scenes were used in many other videos.  So, it may be that you were seeing another video that clipped these scenes into it for a greater focus on the growth of the Church.

Yes, thank you! I saw the clips I was thinking of in some videos too and figured that was the case... can't seem to find the other video though. Thanks!