Trump: "You are Fake News"

anatess2

The war is on the way.

So, I spent an hour watching the first Trump Press Conference since the conventions last year.  And the one take-away I got out of it was... the media will not win this.  This is just going to put the Democrat Party lower and lower and lower on the totem pole.

Trump called out the media - both Buzzfeed and CNN - for the Buzzfeed Fake News debacle, as deserved.  But then, some guy from the media (I don't know who it is) started a shouting match, shouting out questions after Trump has already moved on trying to egg something on... Trump told him to be quiet and not to be rude but he continued.  Trump pointed to him and said, "You're Fake News".  Either that shut him up or he was shut up by his peers.  We couldn't see the press.  And it just happened so no Youtube videos yet.

If the media doesn't start employing journalistic ethics, they will be no more valuable than the telephone book pages lining my birdcage (yes, they still make telephone books!  And I still get them!).  Yes, it is unfortunate that the good journalists get swept with the bad.  But that has to happen before change can ensue.

Edited by anatess2

I can get behind Trump's "Hacking is bad and should be fought, but for pete's sake, look at what they hacked!"

The Mormon leaks people finally got their grubby little fingers on the holy grail of supposed Mormon scandal fodder: A paycheck stub from 2000 for Henry B. Eyering, then an Apostle.   Modest, compared with what these men could be making in the public sector.  Jan Shipps was astounded- the head bosses of our global church with quite substantial holdings, make a bit less than the average pastor of an average middle-class congregation.  I'm humbled and grateful to learn some of the ill-gotten dirt here.

Yeah, hacking is bad.  But I'm quite happy to pass around the link to this particular hack, because I think we end up gaining credibility and looking pretty good. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, anatess2 said:

The war is on the way.

So, I spent an hour watching the first Trump Press Conference since the conventions last year.  And the one take-away I got out of it was... the media will not win this.  This is just going to put the Democrat Party lower and lower and lower on the totem pole.

Trump called out the media - both Buzzfeed and CNN - for the Buzzfeed Fake News debacle, as deserved.  But then, some guy from the media (I don't know who it is) started a shouting match, shouting out questions after Trump has already moved on trying to egg something on... Trump told him to be quiet and not to be rude but he continued.  Trump pointed to him and said, "You're Fake News".  Either that shut him up or he was shut up by his peers.  We couldn't see the press.  And it just happened so no Youtube videos yet.

If the media doesn't start employing journalistic ethics, they will be no more valuable than the telephone book pages lining my birdcage (yes, they still make telephone books!  And I still get them!).  Yes, it is unfortunate that the good journalists get swept with the bad.  But that has to happen before change can ensue.

What happened??  The Buzzfeed debacle was that a Trump Cabinet nominee was making “secret” connections with Russia in Poland.  As it turns out the alleged nominee was never where the Buzzfeed article claimed to be.  Buzzfeed never checked their sources and validated their story – CNN carried the Buzzfeed story and never really corrected the mistake.  In short the two were caught with their pants down putting forth “false news”.  Trump checked with his cabinet nominee’s passport and he had not left the USA when the alleged meeting took place.  This kind of thing can easily be documented and proven.

Now to the news conference.  When the Trump team announced the news conference they said it would be open seating based on first come first served.  CNN sent a low paid person with official looking placks to save the front row of seats for them.  This put their reporter on the front row to be able to confront the president elect – which was done.

Trump knew this reporter was from CNN and so allowed a different reporter to ask their question – something the CNN reporter was not going to allow.  Thus the confrontation.   Trump ended the confrontation by calling the reporter an advocate of fake news – which reduced him and CNN’s creditable to tabloid hokum.   In essence telling him to sit down and shut up leaving the questions to real news reporters and organizations.  Trump could not have set it up and played it better even had he planned the whole thing and paid the reported to play directly into him.

CNN failed and look bad – I am sure they will try again.  Those that support Trump will enjoy watching CNN make fools of themselves – as will many that see the media as biased.  There is something about the establishment of this country that insist in fighting current battles with obsolete tactics. 

The Traveler

Watching that press conference made me wish I'd voted for Trump a little.  Not gonna lie.  The way he shut that CNN reporter down was the most fun I've had watching TV since the season finale of Game of Thrones Fuller House.

What struck me was the way this CNN guy seemed to feel like he was somehow entitled to a question because 1) he was from CNN and 2) Trump attacked the mainstream media.  "Mr. President Elect since you attacked us can we get another question?!?!?!?" 

And Trump.... "Don't be rude!"  So yeah, he reduced the CNN reporter to a 5th Grader trying to force the teacher to pay attention to him.  To me, this is sort of a microcosm of the overall picture.  The mainstream news outlets are trying to keep the old status quo even as they're being shoved overboard. 

Delicious.

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to make sure this particular bit of vindication didn't pass unnoticed.

Three CNN journalists resign after Trump aide article removed

Three journalists have resigned from CNN after the US news network retracted an article alleging a Trump aide was under investigation by Congress.
Journalist Thomas Frank, investigative unit editor Eric Lictblau - a Pulitzer Prize winner - and Lex Harris, who oversaw the investigations unit, all resigned on Monday.

Fake news indeed!

Wow - I mean, it's not like I'm on an anti-CNN kick or anything, but dang.

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html

This is, like, possibly criminal behavior on CNN's part.  Fake news is one thing, but threatening private citizens if they don't conform to CNN's agenda?  Exactly how far are they going to go? 

Better click the link before it's removed!

Edited by NeuroTypical

7 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Wow - I mean, it's not like I'm on an anti-CNN kick or anything, but dang.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html

This is, like, possibly criminal behavior on CNN's part.  Fake news is one thing, but threatening private citizens if they don't conform to CNN's agenda?  Exactly how far are they going to go? 

Better click the link before it's removed!

Not just "possibly". 

It is.

http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-law/pen-sect-135-60.html

As someone who works for a mainstream news organization? I just fired off a YouTube video in which I literally called on CNN's C-suite to fire the guy before resigning en masse, and I'm going to repeat it in next week's column once I get it written. 

If this was a private citizen doing it to someone else, the feds would be busting their front door down. So by all rights there needs to be an FBI Party Van on CNN's doorstep. 

This is why I have to keep antacid within arm's reach these days...

What did I tell ya?  The media is not going to win this war.  The Joe and Mika tweet was awesome.  The CNN beat-up meme tweet was genius.  You wanna know what Drain the Swamp looks like?  You're watching it.  Yes, my kids have been contributing to that meme war for over a year now.  Yes, they know they can be doxed at any time and they're not worried about it.  Yes, they know where to draw the line for their future prospects.  But when you mess with the "internet" they bury you.

The best compilation I've seen so far:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/07/05/daily-stormer-troll-army-threatens-cnn-staffers-over-reddit-user-behind-trumpcnn-gif

Neo-Nazi group The Daily Stormer, internet anarchists 4Chan, Trump supporters r/TheDonald, and a large number of politically-all-over-the-place "alt-lite" individuals have agreed to set aside their differences and present a united ultimatum to CNN. 

According to the ultimatum, CNN has one week to apologize to the person they targeted, publicly fire everyone in their KFile department, pay the person $50K, and vow to never bother the person again. Failure to do so means that they'll release the personal information of every CNN employee who fails to publicly resign. 

The ultimatum was accompanied by information on a couple of people. 

4Chan in and of itself being involved with this is alarming enough. They have a history of getting peoples' information, and actually succeeded in shutting down Shia LeBeouf's "He Will Not Divide" us efforts by finding his flags and later his cabin. But all four groups working together? I have no doubt that they're lethally serious. 

2 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/07/05/daily-stormer-troll-army-threatens-cnn-staffers-over-reddit-user-behind-trumpcnn-gif

Neo-Nazi group The Daily Stormer, internet anarchists 4Chan, Trump supporters r/TheDonald, and a large number of politically-all-over-the-place "alt-lite" individuals have agreed to set aside their differences and present a united ultimatum to CNN.

They dug very very deep to find labels for these groups, eh?

Edited by anatess2