I hope Hunt wins his lawsuit against the UFC

Vort

VORT!  SO WHAT ABOUT THAT ROUSEY KNOCK-OUT?  I'm validated.

And yeah, I agree with you on Hunt.  White disrespected Nunez too in the pre-fight promotions of UFC207 cashing in on Rousey's star power.  I don't begrudge anybody trying to get as much money out of an event.  I get disgruntled when they step on the underdog to do it.  Although, yeah, Hunt having to fight a juiced up opponent is much more dangerous than Nunez' fade to the wallpaper treatment.

Edited by anatess2

Juicing just fries my hamburger buns.

Not sure if Rousey was exposed or if her coach was exposed. She used the time-word strategy of tiring her opponent by absorbing punishment with her face. Looks like a very bad coaching error. When you spend your training camp preparing for a striker, you move your head and keep your distance. Rousey was in waaaaay over her head. Result: She still doesn't have a decision on her record, and she has another fight under her belt that didn't go past the first round (or first minute).

3 minutes ago, Vort said:

Juicing just fries my hamburger buns.

Not sure if Rousey was exposed or if her coach was exposed. She used the time-word strategy of tiring her opponent by absorbing punishment with her face. Looks like a very bad coaching error. When you spend your training camp preparing for a striker, you move your head and keep your distance. Rousey was in waaaaay over her head. Result: She still doesn't have a decision on her record, and she has another fight under her belt that didn't go past the first round (or first minute).

It is totally Rousey.  Her ego makes her uncoachable and her coach - who is a bad character - did not help matters.  She was a one-trick pony that cashed in on the infancy of the Female 135 division and bought into her own hype.  Women are not brawlers by nature so she rode that horse for a long time.  I saw Pena 2 (or 3?) years ago on Ultimate Fighter and predicted - Rousey is going down to Pena.  Pena is a brawler.  Meisha can brawl, yes, but she would rather not.  She'd rather clinch.  And clinching with Ronda is never gonna work out good for you even if you're as elite a grappler as Meisha.  That Ultimate Fighter championship fight over Rousey vs Tate was Tate's to win.  She got Rousey's number but Tate did not play smart.  She keeps on trying to prove herself on the ground instead of taking her advantage on her feet.  Zingano - same mistake - Zingano is a boxer with a good reach and not much grappling and decided to bomb rush Ronda to the ground so she didn't last 13 seconds.  Stupid. 

Holmes (yes, with excellent coaching) capitalized on her strength and stayed far from Rousey and worked to survive a clinch - not aggress with it and used her lanky reach to sting Rousey.  Rousey, on the other hand, thought she was all that and can out-box a kickboxer instead of trying to take the advantage with her one trick.  Big head syndrome.  So she got her teeth handed to her.  You would think this will be a wake-up call and allow her to eat the entire humble pie.  But no... The Female 135 got better and better with quite an impressive depth of multi-faceted fighters now while Rousey never improved, not even a smidgen.  There was no improvement on any of her game.  She still couldn't take a punch and still couldn't throw a jab.  She was the same fighter 14 fights ago as she was on UFC207.  Everybody has her number now.  Pena got injured before she got high enough to get a shot at Rousey.  She may not punch as brutally as Nunez, but that girl is an all-out brawler.  Unless Rousey's ego gets out of the way, Pena will knock her out too.

The problem is, Rousey is such an empty character that she hung her entire self-worth on the media hype.  It was quite stupid to put her on the #1 rank of female athletes 2nd to Serena Williams.  Serena Williams is top notch elite in her game against the toughest female competitors in a very mature sport!  And Rousey is supposed to be able to beat Floyd Mayweather.  All that went straight to her head and she allowed herself to think she can box.  She was a bee-atch to everybody, concocting offenses in her head to keep up the hype, always picking a fight over nothing.  My husband keeps on saying she really doesn't believe all that she's just doing her job promoting fights.  I told him - look at what's she's doing, on the lead up to the Holmes' fight.  That's way beyond fight promotion, she truly believes this.   I mean, even Justin Beiber was not safe from her cattiness.  And what's even worse, she was so hyped up that the Female 115 champ emulated her and adopted the catty attitude.  Well, the 115 champ took a dose of humility and changed her attitude after Ronda's loss to Holmes which was good to see.  And UFC 207 just cements it.

So yeah, this went way beyond coaching.  This all points to character.  I don't want to see her retire.  I want to see her change.  I want all these young girls looking up to her to see that change.