Can Satan make you sick?

Sunday21

Dear Bros & Sis's,

Do you think Satan can make you sick? I was wondering because...in my family people die very young from heart attacks. Consequently I have been thoroughly checked over by cardiologists. I have also been told that if I experience the symptoms of a heart attack, I have to report immediately to emergency. As a result for a few years every year I would have an incident, usually in the middle of the night, and I would dutifully report to emergency. Once I became lds, I accumulated many more responsibilities and less time to accomplish all of those tasks so..a couple of times I would experience heart attack warnings in the middle of the night and.. I rolled over and said 'Kill me already, I am teaching RS tomorrow, see if I care!' I had the symptoms, once more after that and then, nothing. Cured! So I wonder was Satan just pulling my chain all that time! (Don't try this at home, kids!)

I have been researching healthy living and slowly trying to implement good habits into my daily life. What I learned over the past few months about health and science is very interesting. For example water is more then just a liquid that hydrates us, its a structure that has memory and information stored in it. Dr Emoto from japan observed that frozen water that has negative energy looks very ugly, frozen water that has positive energy looks pretty. Other researchers have chimed in and told Dr. Emoto that water does have negative and positive properties and that is why it looks the way it does in a frozen state.

They did a test and put several glasses of water on paper that had words written on it and placed it in a freezer. The glass that was sitting on the words "hitler" looked very ugly when it froze, another glass that was on a positive word like "happy" looked pretty when it froze. One researcher went so far to say that when you pray over your water at meal time the water becomes positive.

The more us humans advance in science, the more proof will support that God exists as the positive energy and Satan as the negative energy. So whether you call it negative energy, unhealthy, or Satan...yes all those things can make you sick. imho

While serving my mission, often times a week before someone's baptism something terrible would happen. Someone would die, they would get sick, or something like that. The typical missionary response was "I hate Satan!"... but I don't know that he has the ability. All he is is a spirit and so all the damage he could do is that of the spirit. I think what is happening is God is testing them to see how committed they are to his gospel.

with the case of Job, I have heard many times that it is a symbolic story. But I'm not positive. 

I don't think Satan can do physical damage to us (unless we allow him and invite him in). However, he can tempt us to doubt and become angry when trials come upon us.

that is my insight and understanding.

13 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Dear Bros & Sis's,

Do you think Satan can make you sick? I was wondering because...in my family people die very young from heart attacks. Consequently I have been thoroughly checked over by cardiologists. I have also been told that if I experience the symptoms of a heart attack, I have to report immediately to emergency. As a result for a few years every year I would have an incident, usually in the middle of the night, and I would dutifully report to emergency. Once I became lds, I accumulated many more responsibilities and less time to accomplish all of those tasks so..a couple of times I would experience heart attack warnings in the middle of the night and.. I rolled over and said 'Kill me already, I am teaching RS tomorrow, see if I care!' I had the symptoms, once more after that and then, nothing. Cured! So I wonder was Satan just pulling my chain all that time! (Don't try this at home, kids!)

I think he can make you spiritually sick, which can lead to physical and mental illnesses. But he can only make you spiritually sick a) if you let him (surrender your agency to him) or b) if someone in a position of unrighteous dominion robs you of your agency and introduces the means of mental or physical harm.

17 minutes ago, CV75 said:

I think he can make you spiritually sick, which can lead to physical and mental illnesses. But he can only make you spiritually sick a) if you let him (surrender your agency to him) or b) if someone in a position of unrighteous dominion robs you of your agency and introduces the means of mental or physical harm.

Very true! I forgot about this! An example of spiritual sickness can be found in the story of Zeezrom (Alma 15).

On 1/18/2017 at 5:10 PM, Sunday21 said:

Dear Bros & Sis's,

sure. if the spirit world can interact with the physical world in any way then i'd say it's possible.................. however the grand grand grand majority of the time physical events happen not because of direct spirit influence.

on the other hand satan can influence men, and men have been doing stuff that in consequence can mess up health pretty badly for centuries.