Stats You'd Like to See

SilentOne

What are some statistic sets/tables that you would like to see but either are unable too, don't know how to, or are too lazy to find? The stats I was thinking of that prompted this thread, which I am too lazy to compile, are the proportion of posts made per person that are on threadjacks compared to posts on the original thread topic.

7 hours ago, SilentOne said:

proportion of posts made per person that are on threadjacks compared to posts on the original thread topic

Are you trying to say something here? 

Thread-jackers Unite! :arrrg:

PS: As a programmer, I can tell you, that's a pipe-dream (or a full time job after the software's been updated1 to enable that FTE to evaluate each post and flag it as off-topic (or leave it un-flagged if on-topic)).  But first we have to gather requirements - is every off-topic post a thread-jack?  Or do you need a certain number before it becomes a thread-jack?  How far off-topic do we need to go before we declare "threadjack"?  We may need a BSA and some use cases.

1 I suppose they could make it an admin's job to put the :threadhijacked: emoji in every post that's part of a threadjack...  Then a new query could count posts with this emoji in them...

6 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

And whether a post is still on topic or qualifies as a threadjack is subjective isn't it? 

Yes, that's why we'll need a human to flag them.  I suppose we could rely on self-reporting - hit the submit button and a popup asks whether this post is part of a threadjack.  Then the OP who starts the thread could be given the option of whether to allow threadjacks. (Of course, then some threadjackers would just lie and say, "Why no, Mr. Forum, this isn't a threadjack.")

Edited by zil

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, mirkwood said:

I like blueberries with my protein powder after the gym.  I am drinking some right now matter of fact.  As long as we are on the subject, @MormonGator has an obsession with a crappy "metal" band.  Sheeesh...some people

I know. Some people! Jeez! 

I know "some people" who post on their Facebook page (and had the audacity to tag me!) about their love of some C-list band from the 90's. Something about counting blue cars...and then talk about my terrible music taste. Do you know that person @mirkwood?

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

*snicker*

My timeline shows stuff like this, not bubble kid pop music.

That's good music right there young man, but what is a good LDS boy like you doing listening to the devils music!?!

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, mirkwood said:

That's why my first seminary teacher said when I wore my Black Sabbath Mob Rules Tour t-shirt the first time.

Yup, happened to me all the time growing up. The problem with nagging is that eventually it just becomes meaningless noise, so I started ignoring people who talked about metal like that and I got more and more into the genre. 

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Yea, but you like Anvil....dude...

Will be seeing them in St. Pete in less than two months!!!! I got the tickets today! 

15826787_10155745288579782_7417180722029375671_n.jpg

Edited by MormonGator

10 hours ago, zil said:

Are you trying to say something here?

I actually first thought of this stat when I got to thinking more of my posts are probably related to threadjacks than the original thread topic.

10 hours ago, zil said:

PS: As a programmer, I can tell you, that's a pipe-dream (or a full time job after the software's been updated1 to enable that FTE to evaluate each post and flag it as off-topic (or leave it un-flagged if on-topic)).  But first we have to gather requirements - is every off-topic post a thread-jack?  Or do you need a certain number before it becomes a thread-jack?  How far off-topic do we need to go before we declare "threadjack"?  We may need a BSA and some use cases.

I have thought about all this, and if I hadn't already decided not to go to the effort of calculating the stats myself I would have given it up then.

I think the thread jacks are the most entertaining part of this forum. Next to the domestic affairs of @zil and @MormonGator....

and the odd and massively outdated musical tastes of @mirkwood and Gator! Amazed those bands can still get on stage without a walker! I bet they have their support workers waiting anxiously back stage to whisk them back to assisted living!