Purpose?

dibster

Why are there no posts here?

What is the purpose of this board?

Seeing as it's called Christian Beliefs, let me throw some out here:

There is one God: "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me" Isaiah 46:9

God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matthew 5:48; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1); "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7)

Christians are called to love God and their neighbour: " Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." Matthew 22:36-38

God saves those have faith and believe in him: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16; "O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful" Psalm 31:23

Our faith and faithfulness are from God and are for His praise: "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith" Hebrews 12:2 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. " Ephesians 2:8-9

<div class='quotemain'>

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7)

If only the Comma Johanneum wasn't added into the text around 1522 CE and was actually in the original New Testament. So much for not adding to the word of G-d.

Hmmm, three letters for you Doctor Steuss: J.S.T.

Let's also try this again: Why are there no posts here?

Hmmm, three letters for you Doctor Steuss: J.S.T.

What about it? The LDS Church doesn't have a doctrine that the canon is closed, nor has it decided that G-d cannot add to His own words. Stop trying to force your own presuppositions upon another religion.

And of course, I'm sure you've read all of the resent studies on the J.S.T. as well as the historical documents that give naratives and insights into how it was produced and what Joseph himself believed he was doing with the text?

A Midrash by any other name would smell as sweet...

I guess I could respond in like manner though:

A few letters for you: ANE and the DH and changes made by JR.

This string leads me to reaffirm my belief that modern translations are general more accurate than the older ones (like the KJV), ironically because they rely on older texts.

I'm wondering how many LDS would rejoice if the Church commissioned a modern translation of the OT & NT.

This string leads me to reaffirm my belief that modern translations are general more accurate than the older ones (like the KJV), ironically because they rely on older texts.

I'm wondering how many LDS would rejoice if the Church commissioned a modern translation of the OT & NT.

I love my NASB! BYU is actually working on a translation of the NT right now.

personally I prefer the KJV - I grew up with the NIV, and Good News Bible and for me they do not compare to the poetry, plus made doing Shakespeare at school a breeze lol

-Charley

Does, "As thou sayest, so I believeth," really compare, though, to today's response, which is simply, "WORD!" LOL

That's cute, except no matter how much I see that WORD response, I still don't understand what it means. This old dog just can't figure it out. :)

We were waiting for you dibster. Welcome! :)

M.

There is one God: "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me" Isaiah 46:9

God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matthew 5:48; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1); "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7)

Christians are called to love God and their neighbour: " Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." Matthew 22:36-38

God saves those have faith and believe in him: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16; "O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful" Psalm 31:23

Our faith and faithfulness are from God and are for His praise: "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith" Hebrews 12:2 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. " Ephesians 2:8-9

ok....you thrown some out there....now what..... :dontknow::dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

ok....you thrown some out there....now what..... :dontknow::dontknow:

I guess the idea is we discuss Christian beliefs. Any takers??? Thanks for the welcome Maureen!