So I probably should Introduce myself...

Jsmith85

In the Year of 1985, I came into this world and made the place just a little bit weirder. Anyways, My name is Julie and I'm in the process of converting from Baptist to LDS.

A little bit about me: I have Asperger's syndrome - it's on the higher functioning side of the Autism Spectrum, mainly I'm effected mostly in my Social skills but I don't let that hold me back. I'm a Certified Nursing Assistant and praying about going on to becoming a nurse.  I'm a middle child of 3 and currently in a stable relationship (for once) with a wonderful man (raised LDS, Returned Missionary - currently Inactive).  I have a different perspective on life and a dry sense of humor (so I've been told)

MY LDS Journey: One of my best friends converted to LDS around 2007/08 and I've questioned her a bit about beliefs as well as what it means to be member in good standing. I'm pretty sure she started praying that the Heavenly Father work in my life to bring me where I am today.  Anyways at the end of 2016 Heavenly Father began speaking to me urging me to follow His leading and investigate the church - on February 5th, 2017 he used the different talks to confirm that I am to join the church.  I'm currently meeting with the missionaries who are aware of my desire to take the next step and get baptized.

Guest MormonGator
20 minutes ago, Jsmith85 said:

In the Year of 1985, I came into this world and made the place just a little bit weirder. Anyways, My name is Julie and I'm in the process of converting from Baptist to LDS.

A little bit about me: I have Asperger's syndrome - it's on the higher functioning side of the Autism Spectrum, mainly I'm effected mostly in my Social skills but I don't let that hold me back. I'm a Certified Nursing Assistant and praying about going on to becoming a nurse.  I'm a middle child of 3 and currently in a stable relationship (for once) with a wonderful man (raised LDS, Returned Missionary - currently Inactive).  I have a different perspective on life and a dry sense of humor (so I've been told)

MY LDS Journey: One of my best friends converted to LDS around 2007/08 and I've questioned her a bit about beliefs as well as what it means to be member in good standing. I'm pretty sure she started praying that the Heavenly Father work in my life to bring me where I am today.  Anyways at the end of 2016 Heavenly Father began speaking to me urging me to follow His leading and investigate the church - on February 5th, 2017 he used the different talks to confirm that I am to join the church.  I'm currently meeting with the missionaries who are aware of my desire to take the next step and get baptized.

Hi Julie! 

Everyone here is cool except @Carborendum and @Vort. Bad apples, they are. 

Just now, MormonGator said:

Hi Julie! 

Everyone here is cool except @Carborendum and @Vort. Bad apples, they are. 

see I've lurked here long enough to know that there is some history here between you guys....Are they really Bad apples or are they just a granny smith apples while you are a gala apple?

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, Jsmith85 said:

see I've lurked here long enough to know that there is some history here between you guys....Are they really Bad apples or are they just a granny smith apples while you are a gala apple?

I am the shiny apple. They are the worms that infect every other apple but me. 

The history between the three of us goes way back, pre internet days. They used to beat me up in first grade because I kicked them out of the cool kids club. They are jealous of my youth, good looks, charm and intelligence (and in @Carborendum case, my long and flowing hair).

Edited by MormonGator

10 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I am the shiny apple. They are the worms that infect every other apple but me. 

The history between the three of us goes way back, pre internet days. They used to beat me up in first grade because I kicked them out of the cool kids club. They are jealous of my youth, good looks, charm and intelligence (and in @Carborendum case, my long and flowing hair).

Interesting you said that.  I just got a buzz cut the other day.  Now they call me bristlehead.

10 hours ago, Jsmith85 said:

No, @MormonGator's right.  I really am a bad apple.  And I agree with @Vort  Honeycrips are pretty good.

Edited by Guest

This is the wierdest thing.  I had a mini-fight with my husband yesterday because he bought Red Delicious instead of Honeycrisp that I specified on the grocery list.  He said... but it's $2.99 a pound!  Red Delicious is only $1.29.  I had to remind him that you don't go cheap on your wife's apples...

Welcome Julie!

Didn't we have a thread about Julie's coincidental avatar JSmith as a potential convert?  I thought she chose JSmith for the prophet too.  :)

• 2 weeks later...