dahlia

Wearing symbols/jewelry from other religions

On 3/4/2019 at 7:26 AM, unixknight said:

Historically, pentagrams were used as Christian symbols, and in fact they even appeared on the Nauvoo Temple. 

I imagine several here are aware that pentagrams being included in temple architecture has been fodder for many "antis" over the decades. I'm not sure if we co-opted the Wiccans, or they co-opted Christians, but I doubt many with associate the symbol with Christianity today.

LDS may take heart in a trend among some Christians to do away with crosses--much for reasons mentioned here. One church--Elevation, I believe--even replaced it with a logo of sorts:  image.png.813b146f5289baccd1801c13787945c0.png

They wanted to stress the resurrection too. IMHO, this practice may make good sense in the LDS spirituality, but is a hasty retreat for traditional Christians. 

On 3/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, MormonGator said:

That's why I had to go inactive. The ward apparently has a dress code.

:: sigh :: 

So long as it's below the knees and you have a skirt on underneath, there shouldn't be a problem....

Aside from that, I used to wear a St. Christopher's medal, and wasn't even Catholic.  In my time away from the church I checked out the Catholic church a few times, and what I found was disheartening.  However, the St. Christopher's medal, I dunno.  Another long story for another time.  Let's just say that I've been wanting to read up on St. Christopher ever since.  Sure seemed like wearing that medal kept me out of trouble far more often than not.