Thought Anatess might enjoy this - Scandalous Grammy Dress

Windseeker

Ohmygoodness...  I LOVE THAT DRESS - with or without the MAGA.  Yes, it's not garment friendly but I had a similar dress on my sister's wedding.  Which was when I was not LDS yet.  My sister's entire wedding party had their dress designed and created by one of Philippines' great designers.  I had already moved to the US, so I had to just go to the dry cleaners by my house that did alterations and they took all my measurements.  I sent it to my sister and she had my dress made.  It was form fitting just like that MAGA dress but it didn't have the train out back.  My sister's dress had the train but it was a lot longer than that MAGA dress.  I arrived in the Philippines the day before the wedding and I went to the dress shop straight from the airport, put on the dress and IT FIT PERFECTLY without a millimeter to spare!  From shoulder to thigh it fit perfectly!  The only thing they had to change was to adjust the hem for my high heeled shoes and then to design the wrap that goes around the shoulders (can't wear sleeveless in Church, but is fine for the reception) for my preference.  This classic goldfish design is very popular in the Philippines and can come in a very simple unadorned gown to the most elaborate hand-embroidered-from-shoulder-to-tail number.  Andre Soriano's version of it is typically Hollywood risque with the simplicity of the gown making the MAGA and Trump train scream.

Anyway, this is what the left - including the people in Hollywood - keep on missing.  Joy Villa is an Italian African American Scientologist woman.  Andre Soriano is a Filipino American Catholic gay man.  They represent the diversity that is the Trump mandate.  Note:  Trump won only 1% more than Romney on the white vote.  Trump got 7% more than Romney on the black vote and 6% more on both the Hispanic and Asian votes.  So, if you really think about it, Trump carved a winning slice of the minority groups.

So, if your news source is the mainstream media and Hollywood, you would gain the impression that the "Trump Resistance" is a large powerful force.  But then you get Joy Villa jump to the Amazon's best selling album over the weekend and you realize... maybe the anti-Hollywood-politics crowd are even larger and more powerful.  They just went back to their role of being the silent majority...

Anyway, I saw this youtube video created by one of those University of California students that surprised me.  The video was presented by a group of Asians and African Americans and they presented a study about... I think he called it Generation Z, can't remember... but it's today's group of babies.  And the way it is trending, Generation Y - the teen-agers - are more conservative than Generation X.  But Generation Z is projected to be the most conservative group ever seen in the USA.  And they gave some theories on why this is and that it is mainly because of the Information Age.  Generation X grew up with the Internet.  Generation Y grew up using the Internet.  Generation Z is going to grow up IN the Internet.  So that, X are using the Internet for confirmation bias.  Y is using the Internet to sift through competing information.  Z is going to demand unvarnished information.  And it has always been that societies start off liberal and lean towards conservative with more unvarnished information.  I can't link the video as it has bad language.  I have to say, college campuses are like the military in their language these days.

13 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

It' being reported today that her sales just went up 100% and they are attributing it to this dress..LOL

I think she's brave and deserves the credit. Talking about being rebellious!

I'm not surprised.  Reddit blew up with all the upvotes for Joy's dress and a drive to get her album to #1.  It's currently #16 on iTunes.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

I hear Ivanka Trump's sales just had a banner month in February, too ...

The Oscars had its lowest ratings since 2008.  Starbucks is missing their sales targets and had to lower their projections by 4%.  What does this show?  The conservatives are the capitalists.  No surprise there.