7 Eternal Truths in Hamilton’s Lyrics

When Lin Manuel Miranda's Broadway musical "Hamilton" hit the stage, it was an immediate success. I'm a huge fan, and I've almost memorized the entire musical. Yeah. But some lyrics stood out to me as especially well written, and after some thought I realized it was because they echoed the things I know to be true on a grander scale. So here are 7 eternal truths in Hamilton. Warning: I'm reading these lyrics at a textual level only. Any connotations beyond that are not part of this bit of thinking. "You keep out of trouble and you double your choices." My Shot From very young ages, Latter-day Saints are taught that their choices have consequences. If you choose to do something wrong, you are going to face the consequences of that choice whether you like it or not. A bad choice might have consequences that take away a part of all of your ability to think and choose for yourself. Making good choices and staying away from "trouble" allows you to have freedom...

View the full article