Free LDS Dating Sites

I am frustrated. I just spent the last 2 hours going through the admission process for 3 different "LDS dating sites" only to find out that certain crucial aspects of the process(you know, receiving and answering messages, uploading profile pictures, finding matches, etc.) require payment. I do not want to pay $9.99 for a month-long service. :( 

I live in a rural area and I do not have access to too many wholesome men as it is as the singles ward is farther away than I can reasonably drive. Do any of you know of a dating service or site that encourages people of the LDS faith to get together that is free to use? Or have any suggestions for how to find someone? All we have around here by way of recreation are bars(nope), country clubs(nope), and...other churches. I already intend to pray about this but I felt like just looking online and trying to get this rusty wagon wheel turning again with conversations with people of like minds, you know?

My biggest mistake with my last marriage was that we were both not very strong to start out with and when times grew tough as far as spiritually, we couldn't look to each other for that strength and neither one of us suggested that we might ask God for help. I went down some very dark roads after that and although I know I cannot depend totally on another person for my testimony, it is my ideal to find someone with similar values so that we can offer each other an example and strength in the spirit, when we need it. I think because of how passionately I feel about the church it'd be best to find a Mormon guy.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, I am open to hearing them.

There is a website www.ldssingles.com that my cousin met her husband on.  I'm not exactly sure what it is.  But it's some kind of social networkingish type of thingermabob.

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, a mustard seed said:

I do not want to pay $9.99 for a month-long service. :( 

Really? Sounds like a bargain at that price, hahaha. Then again there is that old adage that one gets what one pays for. The way I figure, I'd anticipate spending more than $10 taking ladies out over the course of a month so a website service fee would feel like a reasonable thing to pay--to me anyways. But if all I wanted was online conversation I suppose free would be alright, too. :) 

23 hours ago, Latter-Day Marriage said:

Could go at this another way, look online for a new job/home someplace where there are better prospects for marriage.  Long distance relationships are not so great.

If I had a prospect already lined up, like a guy who was really great in another city and we visited a couple of times and it was a sure thing that it'd be worth it to me to move to that city, finding my own apartment, and continue our courtship, then possibly it might be on the table for me to abandon my friends and family - my support system - and wing it in another city. With no current romantic prospect and just the vague hope that I might find someone somewhere else? No chance. Besides, I intend to live the rest of my life in Susquehanna county so if I ever did find someone, I'd make a pretty passionate case for him to move to be with me. It would take something other than vague hope to get to me to leave here. I do not think it is unrealistic to look online and start a conversation first; just moving with no idea if anybody is there waiting for me seems like the unrealistic thing to me, personally. ^^;

On 2/23/2017 at 4:53 PM, Carborendum said:

There is a website www.ldssingles.com that my cousin met her husband on.  I'm not exactly sure what it is.  But it's some kind of social networkingish type of thingermabob.

That's the website that charges and in fact the very first one I signed up on. I filled in my profile and everything just fine, could search for other people just fine(although a little glitchy) and I received a private message from someone interested in me! Go to open the message and...I can't. I have to be a subscribed member in order to interact with people at all. So, no, I'm not going to pay to have a conversation, especially when 1. I'm not really looking that hard right now, just trying to HAVE a conversation period and 2. I plan on a long courtship before expecting anything concrete or serious to happen.

6 hours ago, a mustard seed said:

If I had a prospect already lined up, like a guy who was really great in another city and we visited a couple of times and it was a sure thing that it'd be worth it to me to move to that city, finding my own apartment, and continue our courtship, then possibly it might be on the table for me to abandon my friends and family - my support system - and wing it in another city. With no current romantic prospect and just the vague hope that I might find someone somewhere else? No chance. Besides, I intend to live the rest of my life in Susquehanna county so if I ever did find someone, I'd make a pretty passionate case for him to move to be with me. It would take something other than vague hope to get to me to leave here. I do not think it is unrealistic to look online and start a conversation first; just moving with no idea if anybody is there waiting for me seems like the unrealistic thing to me, personally. ^^;

It would be a leap of faith, but sometimes that is what it takes.  Don't write it off without giving it some thought and prayer.

Okay, that was simple, but I was sure I'd tried it before and just got a link. Anyway, it's available for iphones and will be ready for android this spring. I'm thinking that if I try online dating, I'll go with this.

Edited by SilentOne
html issue

On February 25, 2017 at 4:14 PM, SilentOne said:

Okay, that was simple, but I was sure I'd tried it before and just got a link. Anyway, it's available for iphones and will be ready for android this spring. I'm thinking that if I try online dating, I'll go with this.

Thank you for that! Thats what I was looking for. Something free for conversation with members. Ive never used anything like this before so its really new but I hope something works out.