Temple Workers

3 hours ago, anatess2 said:

It's that Nordic stare that makes it seem like what I said was too preposterous to bother with a facepalm...

Many people don't realize that we Icelandic beauties have a significant amount of Irish blood.

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Suzie said:

Generally speaking, perhaps everyone needs a chill pill. Sometimes, people aren't looking for attention or sympathy. They turn to the internet because they don't have anyone else to turn to, and perhaps being kind is way more important than being right.

I agree. Instead of apologizing for our behavior, let's start acting in ways in don't need apologies 

3 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Umm because of Viking settlements in Ireland and Viking ....ventures in Ireland? This is as polite as I know how to be!

Let's just say that many of our Irish grandmothers didn't emigrate to Iceland by choice.

On 2/28/2017 at 9:54 PM, DoctorLemon said:

Please don't leave us!  If you go, and the site were to go, I'd have to migrate to the LDS Freedom Forum (shudder)...

Doesn't this site pay for pam's sewing addiction or something to that effect?

Edited by Backroads

4 hours ago, Backroads said:

Doesn't this site pay for pam's sewing addiction or something to that effect?

Why do you think think that in addition to working a full time job I also work part time for Hobby Lobby?  I get an employee discount to purchase fabric for my "sewing addiction."  Good thing my quilt business actually pays for that addiction. :)   And yes.  I work a full time job, a part time job and own a business. :)  I'm just trying to get 5 years in at HobLob so I can get that $300 gift card to Hobby Lobby that they hand out.  Think of the fabric I could buy. :P  I have less than a year now till I make that.

18 hours ago, Vort said:

Many people don't realize that we Icelandic beauties have a significant amount of Irish blood.

and a significant amount of every other kind of western European blood I'd guess.  I tell ya, Iceland is not called Iceland for the amount of ice on the ground but for the amount of ice in their blood.  Whoops.

14 minutes ago, pam said:

Why do you think think that in addition to working a full time job I also work part time for Hobby Lobby?  I get an employee discount to purchase fabric for my "sewing addiction."  Good thing my quilt business actually pays for that addiction. :)   And yes.  I work a full time job, a part time job and own a business. :)  I'm just trying to get 5 years in at HobLob so I can get that $300 gift card to Hobby Lobby that they hand out.  Think of the fabric I could buy. :P  I have less than a year now till I make that.

We'll need to talk to Heather about that.  She should go buy your fabrics at least or brand new gumdrops.  Just say the word and we'll make some protest signs, form a picket line, and come up with a cool chant.

Edited by anatess2

15 minutes ago, pam said:

As someone who is now dabbling in sewing and quilting, I support you!

Just now, anatess2 said:

We'll need to talk to Heather about that.  She should go buy your fabrics at least or brand new gumdrops.  Just say the word and we'll make some protest signs, form a picket line, and come up with a cool chant.

Hahaha well that's all fine and good...but Heather doesn't have anything to do with my quilt business. :P

1 minute ago, Backroads said:

As someone who is now dabbling in sewing and quilting, I support you!

My kids tell me I am a fabric hoarder.  I tell them that I am NOT a fabric hoarder.  I am a fabric collector. There is a difference.

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

and a significant amount of every other kind of western European blood I'd guess.  I tell ya, Iceland is not called Iceland for the amount of ice on the ground but for the amount of ice in their blood.  Whoops.

I don't know this, but I would guess that Irish women were more particularly targeted, specifically those on the west coast of Ireland. Proximity and all that, you know.

31 minutes ago, Vort said:

I don't know this, but I would guess that Irish women were more particularly targeted, specifically those on the west coast of Ireland. Proximity and all that, you know.

Yes, yes, of course.  My husband watches this show called Vikings on TV and yeah... they stomped all over Norway and the British Isles gathering property and slaves and what-not before eventually settling in Iceland.