Intimacy with God is real

Could it be that the main reason atheists doubt God is not that they are disappointed with Him, but rather they find so little evidence of the LORD within the character, demeanor, and personalities of his followers.

For the complete essay on this topic see:  https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/intimacy-god-real-tommy-ellis

@prisonchaplain

Yep :) I wouldn't say that in every case of athieism, but it is true!

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matt 5:24-16

if there is no light for the world to see, than how are they going to know to glorify God?

In the LDS scripture, Doctrine and Covenants, it gives this insight.

"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day. And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you" - Doctrine and a Covenants 5:24-25

The more we do good (our intimacy with Christ and Heavenly Father) the more light we will gain. The more light we have, the more people will see it and glorify God.

As time is coming to a climax, the good we do must be God-fueled. Sometimes I may plunge ahead too quickly--wanting to get the good thing done. If I would tarry a bit, and let the Holy Ghost anoint and bless, then the good thing just might become a northward compass, pointing all who see to Heavenly Father.

I definitely agree that intimacy with God is real. He speaks to you in your own "language." He gets you. He knows why you are the way you are. He knows exactly how to succor you. It is a very individual matter. I've known atheists who reject God for various reasons, though. Did you watch the video I posted in another discussion? Just so happens he was an atheist.