Excited but nervous

Jsmith85

20 minutes ago, Jsmith85 said:

So my bishop pulled me aside at Sacrament to ask me to schedule a meting with his secretary because he has a calling for me. I'm nervous but excited as I'm one of those people who just can't sit in a pew, I have to serve.

Great news! Good luck. Let us know!

5 hours ago, Jsmith85 said:

So I'm being called to be on the relief society planning commitee and to be a visiting teacher (knew teachigg would be in there somehow)

Ohhh!  That's awesome calling!  Planning committee is where the fun is!

8 hours ago, Jsmith85 said:

So I'm being called to be on the relief society planning commitee and to be a visiting teacher (knew teachigg would be in there somehow)

I hate it when the Relief Society gets its first choice of all the best people.  If you had been called to teach the High Priest I would have traveled to Tucson just to experience your lession.  :)

The Traveler

11 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I hate it when the Relief Society gets its first choice of all the best people.  If you had been called to teach the High Priest I would have traveled to Tucson just to experience your lession.  :)

The Traveler

If I had been called to teach the High Priest - well that would have been interesting especially since I'm technically still a recent convert. :P  But if you want a lesson experience I'm sure that can be arranged.

On 3/12/2017 at 8:25 PM, Jsmith85 said:

So my bishop pulled me aside at Sacrament to ask me to schedule a meting with his secretary because he has a calling for me. I'm nervous but excited as I'm one of those people who just can't sit in a pew, I have to serve.

congrats!

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, Jsmith85 said:

If I had been called to teach the High Priest - well that would have been interesting especially since I'm technically still a recent convert. :P  But if you want a lesson experience I'm sure that can be arranged.

I few years back I attended church in Taiwan while traveling for business and experienced a lesson from a recent convert there.  I talked to the gospel doctrine teacher after class (he spoke in broken English).  Since I did not understand a word of the lesson (I do not speak Chinese and did not understand a word in Sacrament Meeting either) – I asked what was the lesson?  He responded – “The gift of tongues”. 

I love lesson experiences.

The Traveler