On 3/14/2017 at 6:01 PM, a mustard seed said:

I hope it is ok for me to make this thread. Ever see those millions of flavors of Oreos or weird flavors of chips and wonder, "who keeps falling for this gimmicky crap?" This gal. Right here. Some are good, others just sort of hit me wrong but despite the myriad failvors I've come across, as soon as they come out with a new one, I bring it home to try it out. How about you? What are some of the best and some of the worst you've tried? Feel free to revisit this thread and tell us about your flaventures! :D

Something I've tried that I was surprised I liked were these cotton candy puff balls.

e53e0539f7edbedab0d5af2effea4cba.gif

They're basically the same size and texture of cheese puff balls but they're sweet and taste like cotton candy instead. It takes getting used to on the first try but once you get used to them, it's basically just crunchy cotton candy.

Candy, sweets, snacks, junk food, etc. What are some odd or interesting things you have tried? What did you like? What did you wish you could erase from memory?

I for some reason really just love to put pizza sauce I to a tortilla and fold it into a Triangle and eat it like that. No cooking, no cheese... just cold pizza sauce in a tortilla x)

On 3/19/2017 at 6:19 PM, Ffenix said:

parmesan chips. literally just parmesan cheese that's been baked hard.

My sister insists that the cheddar kind is better though.

I have to point out that cheddar cheese chips were my personal invention.  I really like cheese.

So, one day I took some cheese chunks and placed them in a muffin tin.  I figured the right volume.  I placed the tin in the oven.  After 5 - 10 minutes, they fried themselves in their own grease.  I took it out and let it cool.

It was self greasing, so I was able to jimmy it out with a popsickle stick.  YUMMINESS.

• pam unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2017 at 3:22 PM, Carborendum said:

I have to point out that cheddar cheese chips were my personal invention.  I really like cheese.

So, one day I took some cheese chunks and placed them in a muffin tin.  I figured the right volume.  I placed the tin in the oven.  After 5 - 10 minutes, they fried themselves in their own grease.  I took it out and let it cool.

It was self greasing, so I was able to jimmy it out with a popsickle stick.  YUMMINESS.

Was this before or after the six months or so that my siblings decided to drop handfuls of shredded cheese on the griddle while they were making grilled cheese sandwiches?

22 hours ago, Ffenix said:

Was this before or after the six months or so that my siblings decided to drop handfuls of shredded cheese on the griddle while they were making grilled cheese sandwiches?

Ask Mom.  It was YEARS before any of your experiments.  She thought I was crazy.  But for some reason, when it was the kids, it was genius.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, a mustard seed said:

I see this thread was probably misplaced, lol. I intended for it to be a discussion about actual junk food and candy. Like you know, have you tried those Around the World Lays chip flavors? Or the seasonal Oreo flavors?  Everybody keeps bringing up healthy food which is ok if you like that but that was not even close to the topic I outlined. I understand that people here are more focused on eating healthy so this was probably a mistake to make. Oh well. 

The healthy snacks are the weird ones! :-)

On 4/21/2017 at 7:35 AM, Carborendum said:

Ask Mom.  It was YEARS before any of your experiments.  She thought I was crazy.  But for some reason, when it was the kids, it was genius.

Is that not how it is supposed to go? First time it's crazy, then after a while it's amazing, right?