Missionary Skools a perp

paracaidista508

So- for those of you who went on Missions/ or who are very familiar with the rules.

Is this fighting Elder going to get in trouble for fighting back?

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=43502837

Personally I think he ought to be given a medal...but Im not a nice guy. An as for his buddy not helping him....udumnno. Maybe the fighter told him to stay put. Im sure they have it sorted out already.

News commentator, "Law enforcement officials say, unless it is a self defense situation, don't fight back." Uhh...duh...what do you call a guy threatening  to cause you physical harm with a gun?

If my companion would have just stood there like that and not helped defend "us", I would have asked for a companion exchange later that night. Nothing like finding out who your real friends are when a fight breaks out. 
My 2 cents - Grumpy Smurf

Edited by NeedleinA

The missionary ended up with the thug's motorcycle too!  Gun and bike, no longer in the hands of ruffians. The missionary who took action can think about how he did right. The missionary who just stood there and wandered around can think about what it means to be a man, and how to not repeat his failure.   The thugs can think twice before they try to rob two Americans, or two young guys, or two missionaries. 

Everyone else can think about practical reality, and what they think they might do if faced with a similar situation.

I have to say, that missionary looks like a giant compared to all the other guys including his companion...  I would think thugs would be intimidated just looking at him.  I guess the white shirt and scriptures made the thugs think he's easy pickings.  They thought wrong.  They won't be making easy pickings out of white shirt wearing, scriptures toting guys anytime soon.

I think it's actually a blessing that the Missionaries were unharmed.  It could have turned out MUCH worse.  The first question is why the criminal didn't pull the trigger. A quick pull and that missionary is seriously injured or even killed. 

I'm very glad it appeared that this did not happen.  It could have been a far different outcome. 

The danger is if other missionaries decide this is SOP (standard operating procedure) but then come across a criminal that is far more willing to shoot before doing anything else.

Edited by JohnsonJones

5 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

but then come across a criminal that is far more willing to shoot before doing anything else.

They could 100% comply without any resistance and a criminal could still shoot... you just never know. 

Edited by NeedleinA

11 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

The missionary who took action can think about how he did right. The missionary who just stood there and wandered around can think about what it means to be a man, and how to not repeat his failure.

Not every missionary played church ball as a youth...