How to Make Nested Quotes

Mike

4 hours ago, Mike said:

What is the procedure for nesting quotes the way @mordorbund did at the top of page 3 in the thread entitled Temple Workers (quoting @anatess2 quoting @Just_A_Guy )?

Good question.  The only way I can see to do it is:

1) Quote the outer-most quote.  (E.g. anatess2's "See! It's difficult already!")

2) Inside that quote, insert hard returns as needed, then position the cursor where you want the second quote and go back and quote the post directly (go find JAG's original "Moi?" post (you can do this with the arrow at the upper right corner of the quote in anatess2's post) and quote it)

If there's another way, I don't know it.

Just now, zil said:
4 hours ago, Mike said:

What is the procedure for nesting quotes the way @mordorbund did at the top of page 3 in the thread entitled Temple Workers (quoting @anatess2 quoting @Just_A_Guy )?

Good question.  The only way I can see to do it is:

1) Quote the outer-most quote.  (E.g. anatess2's "See! It's difficult already!")

2) Inside that quote, insert hard returns as needed, then position the cursor where you want the second quote and go back and quote the post directly (go find JAG's original "Moi?" post (you can do this with the arrow at the upper right corner of the quote in anatess2's post) and quote it)

If there's another way, I don't know it.

To get the above, I quoted myself, inserted a hard return before "Good question.", put the cursor at the start of that new blank line, went up to your original post, quoted it, then came back down here, typed this, and now, because I'm anal, I'm going to go delete the extra hard returns from the end of your post I quoted.  Much better.

Use the multi-quote feature - the plus sign to the left of the Quote link.  You can click on the plus sign for every post you want to include in the quote.  When you're ready to write your post, you click on the small pop-up on the right to have all the quoted posts included in your post.

Edited by anatess2

4 hours ago, Mike said:

23 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Use the multi-quote feature - the plus sign to the left of the Quote link.  You can click on the plus sign for every post you want to include in the quote.  When you're ready to write your post, you click on the small pop-up on the right to have all the quoted posts included in your post.

I start with the multi quote. Now that I have 2 quotes, I drag the inner quote inside the outer quote (when you hover over the quote, you get the same arrowed plus that you normally get with tables and images - click on that to move it around).

4 hours ago, Mike said:

23 minutes ago, anatess2 said: