Mission Call: when will it arrive?

TilKingdomCome

Hi. I've applied for an LDS mission. Papers have been sent away etc so wondering when will it arrive?

1. Yesterday, I had a meeting with my Elders and the branch president happened to be in the chapel at the same time. He told me he had looked at the application and it had now left Germany (the Area HQ) and was going to the brethren in Salt Lake. He looked at the application on Sunday, and the last time he had checked before that was Wednesday, so basically the papers could have left Germany at any stage in this past week.

~How long does it take to send the application from Germany to Salt Lake? Is that part also done online, in which case does Salt Lake receive it immediately? / How much of the entire process is done online? When the brethren send the call to Germany, is that also online, and then it's sent via post from Germany to my house in Ireland?

2. What day of the week do the brethren assign mission calls? How long, after it's been sent to Salt Lake, will it take the brethren to look at my application? Do they look at every application they receive that week, or does it take a few weeks? My missionaries say that March is a fairly quiet month for applications so hopefully it doesn't take too long!

3. If the application's been sent to Salt Lake now, how long will it take for the call to reach my house? Should it be there by Easter (April 16th)?

4. As it's passed through Area HQ, does that mean there's no way my papers are going to be sent back now? I never included a passport, does that not matter?

5. Am I guaranteed to be called, or is there still a chance I won't be called? If the brethren pray and can't think of a place to send me, what happens?

Also, I know a lot of people find the wait nerve-wrecking (the wait between when they send off the papers and when they receive the call) but I'm glad to wait. It gives me extra time to be prepared, so that once I've opened the call I'll be in the "missionary mindset". Anything I lack at, I'm trying to improve on between now and then.