What's your calling in your ward?

Elders Quorum teacher.

My elders quorum isn't your grandfathers elders quorum.

I bring donuts and a good sense of humor.  We sit in a circle, eat breakfast (8 am church), and just kind of have a group discussion about whatever the lesson topic is.  

It is fun, relaxed, engaging, and works for us.

2 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

Elders Quorum teacher.

My elders quorum isn't your grandfathers elders quorum.

I bring donuts and a good sense of humor.  We sit in a circle, eat breakfast (8 am church), and just kind of have a group discussion about whatever the lesson topic is.  

It is fun, relaxed, engaging, and works for us.

Way to go!

16 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Way to go!

Thanks!

What I am going for is brotherhood.  I have been in those EQs where the teaching is underprepared (reading from the manual), the lessons are forced, and there is not enough focus on creating a support group because the lesson is in strict classroom style.

I think, for a bunch of 30 year old men who have heard these lessons a zillion times before, creating a support group where people get to know one another very well through more informal discussion is what could benefit everyone the most.  Kind of like this forum, but in an EQ.

And everyone gets donuts and orange juice!

Edited by DoctorLemon

2 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

Thanks!

What I am going for is brotherhood.  I have been in those EQs where the teaching is underprepared (reading from the manual), the lessons are forced, and there is not enough focus on creating a support group because the lesson is in strict classroom style.

I think, for a bunch of 30 year old men who have heard these lessons a zillion times before, creating a support group where people get to know one another very well through more informal discussion is what could benefit everyone the most.  Kind of like this forum, but in an EQ.

Great idea! I am sure that you will see the fruits of this approach. Your ward is lucky to have you!