Just got endowments out.... garment sizing issues :-/

JustRain

@JustRain I'm so glad you found some bottoms that work! I don't have any experience with the petite tops  it have with the bottoms, and sometime they do come longer than I think normally should. I think your best bet is to special order, I hope it works out!

On 4/25/2017 at 9:56 AM, Southern_Bell said:

Also, I have found that with v-neck tops and some scoop neck dresses, undershirts are a must.  It's another layer that isn't fun in the hot, humid southern climate, but I feel more comfortable about what I'm wearing, how I look, and I have gotten used to the effect it has on my body temperature.  I haven't felt the need to trash my wardrobe for it.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :)

@miav - I know what you mean about the bottoms. I'm afraid to buy the regular length size, as some petites come right to the top of my knees.

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally found garments that fit and feel comfortable to me! I'm just working out the last few kinks so I'm able to wear them 24/7. My work/everyday tops are slightly too small (due weight gain), so wearing garments under them, causes wardrobe malfunctions (shirt rides up, etc) and shows the garment. I'm on the hunt for new ones. I also discovered that when the weather changed, the dri silk I love to sleep in, isn't an option, as I developed insomnia from sleeping too warm (circulation condition). I was unable to function, eat properly, or work, due to the insomnia. I'm getting some 100% cotton ones here shortly, to see if it makes a difference.

I love my garments! I hate when I'm unable to wear them, and miss them when I can't. I can't wait until I'm able to wear them 24/7! <3

I went to Utah for a vacation and while there decided to go get measured for garments and temple clothing. It has been YEARS since I last bought garments and the sizing has changed at least 3 times since then. So, I got sized, then picked 3 types of material that I was interested in and bought a set in each material. It allowed me to try them out and then order them (I live far away from a clothing store). 

Wow! I am loving the new fit! I didn't realize that my garments were so outdated in size and material. I wasn't embarrassed at all getting measured--very discreet and helpful. And I like my idea of buying a whole set in one type of material/size, wearing them and then deciding if I like the material and/or size. I thought that if I absolutely hated the material or size, then that particular set of garments would be my back up in case of laundry day or something.

In one type of material, I think I'm going to go a bit larger as it is very snug....although in this type of material I'm kinda liking the snug fit. Very, very different than what I'm used to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Duuuude!!! This sounds like a short people problem, and I am a short person. I may be wrong, but I can feel for you with the "garments being too large" bit. Something I learned when I was first ordering garments is you can actually place custom orders. Neat, eh!? That has helped me a lot and will likely help more in the future. I have also found I like the caranessa style. They fit me much better than any other. Anyway, that's just what had worked for me. It may work for you. :) If you're curious about the custom sizing, just ask one of the kindly ladies at the place you buy garments at for more information. ❤️