Irishgrin - a new member

pam

37 minutes ago, pam said:

I convinced a long time friend of mine to join the forums.  His username is Irishgrin.   I use the term "friend" loosely. :P

So please welcome him to the forums.  I may end up sorry that I convinced him. :)

At first I misread your post to say, "I convicted a long time friend of mine . . . "  I was thinking, "Wow, what a high level of moral prowess!  Good for you!"  Then I re-read and realized that's not what you said.  :(  But hey, I suppose it's good that at least he is not in prison!  Right?  :)  Unless you convinced him to join . . . from prison!!! :eek:

764.jpg

Well, we welcome you either way; prison convicts need the gospel too! :)

21 minutes ago, zil said:

Welcome, @Irishgrin!  Any loose friend of Pam's is...  Wait, that doesn't sound good.  Well, welcome anyway! ;)

@pam, the username, if that's what it is, doesn't seem to exist yet (as far as the tagging tool is concerned). :(

They have to make 3 approved posts before you can tag.

2 minutes ago, person0 said:

At first I misread your post to say, "I convicted a long time friend of mine . . . "  I was thinking, "Wow, what a high level of moral prowess!  Good for you!"  Then I re-read and realized that's not what you said.  :(  But hey, I suppose it's good that at least he is not in prison!  Right?  :)  Unless you convinced him to join . . . from prison!!! :eek:

764.jpg

Well, we welcome you either way; prison convicts need the gospel too! :)

He should be in prison for some of the things he gives me crap about. :P

2 minutes ago, Irishgrin said:

That's because you are a #HEATHEN!! Hi everyone!! Thanks for warm welcome!! But I must let you know that I'm not a prisoner nor ever was!! Do not mind the #HEATHEN!! 

Blah blah blah.  As usual.

11 minutes ago, pam said:

He is constantly calling me a heathen.  Of all the nerve. :)

7 minutes ago, Irishgrin said:

That's because you are a #HEATHEN!! Hi everyone!! Thanks for warm welcome!! But I must let you know that I'm not a prisoner nor ever was!! Do not mind the #HEATHEN!! 

Not to worry Pam.  My Muslim father calls me a heathen all the time.  He uses an arabic word for it though.  Not sure how to spell it, but it sounds like 'moosh-rah-keen'.  So now I suppose I just gave Irishgrin a new word to use. . . oops. :lol:

Edit:  I just found out after some research, the transliterated word is commonly written as 'mushrikeen', meaning, "People who worship not only Allah, but also another."  So for a Muslim, this would apply to all Christians who accept Christ as the Savior and the Son of God.

Edited by person0

2 minutes ago, person0 said:

Not to worry Pam.  My Muslim father calls me a heathen all the time.  He uses an arabic word for it though.  Not sure how to spell it, but it sounds like 'moosh-rah-keen'.  So now I suppose I just gave Irishgrin a new word to use. . . oops. :lol:

Please don't encourage him. :P

3 hours ago, pam said:

I may end up sorry that I convinced him. :)

2 hours ago, pam said:

He should be in prison for some of the things he gives me crap about. :P

1 hour ago, pam said:

Please don't encourage him. :P

41 minutes ago, pam said:

Oh my gosh.  Now he's calling me the new name on facebook.  Thanks for nothing @person0. :P

24 minutes ago, pam said:

I think I'm sorry already.

The problem here is not lack of foresight.  It is the lack of acting on that foresight.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Irishgrin said:

How much time do you have, Carbo? ?

I have time.  I don't have the attention span (I'm so ADHD -- way more than a person my age should be).  So, if you can break it down into small bits...

19 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

@Irishgrin,

HAH!  I'm the first to use the tag on... DANGIT! Gator beat me to it.  

Whatever.

So, Irishgrin, why do you call her a heathen?  What's the backstory?

He's just rude to me. End of story.