Introduction - Reading the Book of Mormon

pam

Bill (Irishgrin) and I have been discussing how we would like to read the Book of Mormon again.  However we wanted to take it rather slow so that we could actually do some study along with it.  So we will be doing a chapter a day.  We are going to start this May 1st and with 239 total chapters we should finish it December 26th.  We'll discuss this each day.  All who would like to do this with us are welcome.  It's always great to get other perspectives and insights into what they come away with after reading.

Again, we'll start this May 1st.  I'll start a thread for each day to discuss.   Who is with us?

This is a great start  Pam and pretty exciting! I'm looking forward to reading the Book of Mormon again as I'm just getting done with the D&C. I'm on chapter 125 as of yesterday!! The D&C really paints our life for us. Our doctrine and history is right there in black and white! You just can't go wrong!! Chapter 121 was a spiritual eye opener for me! It hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I must of reread it 15 times in two days. It brought tears of happiness to my eyes! I really suggest to everyone who reads this post to just open your D&C and read chapter 121 and listen to your heart and the spirit!! I'm still saying "WOW". 

Well tomorrow is May 1st!! Nephi here I come and I can't wait!! Who's joining Pam and I? Remember this past conference President Monson asked for all of us to read the Book of Mormon again!! So let's do this!!! Yes!!

• pam featured this topic

@pam  I am enjoying studying along and posting my thoughts, but have one suggestion/request to add.  Could you place a link in the initial 'discuss' post to the actual chapter on lds.org for those who might want to click and read.  I pull it up and read regardless, but it makes it easy enough that anyone can just click and read.  Perhaps it would even bring more people in on the discussions!  :)  Example:  discuss

8 minutes ago, person0 said:

@pam  I am enjoying studying along and posting my thoughts, but have one suggestion/request to add.  Could you place a link in the initial 'discuss' post to the actual chapter on lds.org for those who might want to click and read.  I pull it up and read regardless, but it makes it easy enough that anyone can just click and read.  Perhaps it would even bring more people in on the discussions!  :)  Example:  discuss

Good suggestion.  I will start doing that.

1 minute ago, Bobway said:

I read a Chapter a day and am reading Alma right now, are you's all reading the same chapter together?

We are.  Even though you are much further ahead than us, please feel free to join in the discussion regarding the chapters.  I'd love to read your insights on what you have read.

We are reading a chapter a day and should finish December 26th.  

• pam unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to apologize for not being more of a participant so far.  Especially since I started this whole thing.  My life has been very crazy the last couple of months.  I just need to get through the end of this month and I hope my life will return to some normalcy.  What that is I'm really not sure.  But I will have more of an opportunity to participate more and get caught up to everyone.

Those who are participating are doing an awesome job.  I read your comments and am just amazed at the insights you bring to these particular scriptures.  I thank you for that.  Keep up the great work.